- IT’S BIG: 2019 BMW X7….12 mins ago
- AT AMAZON, browse bestsellers in Industrial and Scientific.
Plus, save on Snow Removal….1 hour ago
- LIBERTY: YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG. In Religious Freedom Case, State Says It Can Force a Muslim Tattoo A…LIBERTY: YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG. In Religious Freedom Case, State Says It Can Force a Muslim Tattoo Artist to Endorse Christianity. “That’s no different from forcing Christians to celebrate gay weddings.” ... read more1 hour ago
- JONATHAN KEILER: Warren’s Clintonian Smoke Signals.
Deliberate or not, Warren’s approach seems to…JONATHAN KEILER: Warren’s Clintonian Smoke Signals. Deliberate or not, Warren’s approach seems to track more closely to another older white woman also lacking in American Indian DNA, but not chutzpah, by the name of Hillary. Maybe Warren ought to check for Ashkenazi DNA. Like Hillary, Warren is taking the approach that attacking Trump is a no-lose proposition for a Democrat – a rather obvious point, but one she is taking the lead on. And as a woman, much like Hillary, she is willing to cast aside ideas of equality and fall back on her position as a member of the fairer sex when counterattacked. So when it was leaked that Trump’s chief of staff, General John Kelly, criticized Warren in a private email as rude and obstreperous, she publicly took it as a proof of her toughness and then claimed that Kelly’s comments were sexist. The mainstream media at least pretended to marvel at her political jiu-jitsu, in turning a potential negative into a positive (at least for Democrats) – in other words, claiming Hillary’s harpy badge and wearing it proudly. The American Indian ridiculousness is part of the same strategy. It simply rekindled a feud with Trump, which is what Warren wants. It doesn’t matter that he’s right and she appears delusional. Democrats don’t care if their leaders are a bit bent. In fact, they might prefer it. What the base wants is to see Democrats fighting Trump. Warren is giving them a fight. Warren is also protecting herself from future Democratic challengers with another Clintonian move, by quickly putting negatives in the past. Maybe, but something simultaneously this silly and outrageous is going to be hard to shake. ... read more2 hours ago
- CHANGE: Space Force to be the topic of next National Space Council meeting….2 hours ago
- OOPS: Advertisers Allege Facebook Failed to Disclose Key Metric Error for More Than a Year. “Faceboo…OOPS: Advertisers Allege Facebook Failed to Disclose Key Metric Error for More Than a Year. “Facebook knew of problems with how it measured viewership of video ads for more than a year before it revealed them in 2016, according to a complaint filed by advertisers.” Damping marketers’ concerns is important for Facebook as it seeks a bigger piece of U.S. spending on online video ads, which is projected to grow 30% this year to $27.8 billion. Facebook is expected to account for almost 25% of U.S. video ad spending, eMarketer estimates. For two years, Facebook had counted only video views that lasted more than three seconds when calculating its “average duration of video viewed” metric. Video views of under three seconds weren’t factored in, thereby inflating the average length of a view. Facebook replaced the metric with “average watch time,” which reflects video views of any duration. After disclosing the issue in 2016, Facebook said in a statement that it had “recently discovered” the error. Facebook told some advertisers that it likely overestimated average time spent watching videos by 60% to 80%. The plaintiffs alleged in Tuesday’s complaint that the error was much larger and that the average viewership metrics had been inflated by some 150% to 900%. Only Facebook knows Facebook’s actual numbers, so who knows how much worse the problem might have been — or might still be. ... read more2 hours ago
- SCIENCE MARCHES ON: Scientists Invent Self-Lubricating Condoms to Make Safe Sex More Enjoyable….SCIENCE MARCHES ON: Scientists Invent Self-Lubricating Condoms to Make Safe Sex More Enjoyable. ... read more2 hours ago
- CHRISTIAN TOTO: Sarah Silverman’s Empathy Shtick More Fake News. “The progressive comic promotes a…2 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, save on Bestselling Jewelry….3 hours ago
- THE RETURN OF THE PRIMITIVE — BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY: ISIS Targeting Water Supplies, Power Lines an…THE RETURN OF THE PRIMITIVE — BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY: ISIS Targeting Water Supplies, Power Lines and Cell Towers. ... read more3 hours ago
- FCC: Ajit Pai slams carriers for slow restoration of cell service after hurricane….3 hours ago
- VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: What Happened to California (Video)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7PWnJ…VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: What Happened to California (Video)? ... read more3 hours ago
- CHINESE WARSHIPS HAVE BECOME MORE AGGRESSIVE IN THE SOUTH CHINA SEA: The link takes you to a US Nava…CHINESE WARSHIPS HAVE BECOME MORE AGGRESSIVE IN THE SOUTH CHINA SEA: The link takes you to a US Naval Institute commentary on a Centers for Strategic and International Studies panel addressing Chinese navy actions in the contested sea area. There is an embedded video of the panel. The video doesn’t begin until 18:09. (Skip to it, otherwise you’ll see the intro for 18 minutes.) There is an introductory talk by Greg Poling. The panel starts around 48 minutes. Here are a couple of key comments: “The risk of accidents has been heightened” if the Chinese are no longer trying to shadow vessels conducting Freedom of Navigation Operations, but trying to impede entry. “That kind of interaction … is certainly dangerous,” but also may be an indication that Chinese President Xi Jinping is trying to demonstrate Beijing’s sovereignty in the South China Sea as one facet of increased rivalry between China and the United States diplomatically, economically and militarily across the Indo-Pacific.” The article is worth reading. I listened to part of the intro speech and the panel. Good stuff — gets into the details. Chapter Three of my new book, Cocktails from Hell, addresses China’s adventures in the South China Sea and Himalayas. The book comes out in December. ... read more3 hours ago
- RISING SUN? Japanese Amphibious Soldiers Hit the Beach in the Philippines with U.S. Marines, 7th Fle…RISING SUN? Japanese Amphibious Soldiers Hit the Beach in the Philippines with U.S. Marines, 7th Fleet. The amphibious unit, comprised of soldiers with Japan’s Ground Self Defense Force, joined with Marines of the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit aboard dock landing ship USS Ashland (LSD-48) for the training alongside Philippine military forces during the bilateral exercise Kamandag, or “Kaagapay Ng Mga Mandirigma Ng Dagat,” along the Philippine Sea northwest of Manila. The 10-day exercise between the U.S. and Philippines kicked off Oct. 2 and is focused on humanitarian and disaster response, amphibious operations and counter-terrorism training. The exercise also includes members of 7th Fleet, 3rd Marine Expeditionary Brigade, along with the Philippine Marine Corps, Philippine Navy and Philippine Air Force. Japan doesn’t allow its defense forces to participate in offensive, combat type training, although the prime minister has supported revising its policy and pacific constitution. The ARDB formed in March under the JGSDF’s Western Army with a mission of rapid deployment for contingencies, including potential threats to and attacks against Japan’s many remote islands. It’s good to see modern Japan taking self-defense so seriously. ... read more3 hours ago
- WORSE THAN A BIRD STRIKE: Here’s What a Drone Collision Would Do to an Airplane Wing….WORSE THAN A BIRD STRIKE: Here’s What a Drone Collision Would Do to an Airplane Wing. ... read more3 hours ago
- ANTISOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook Deletes Disabled Veteran’s Page Without Warning — After Taking $300,0…ANTISOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook Deletes Disabled Veteran’s Page Without Warning — After Taking $300,000 for Ads. On his new website which aims to put an end to social media censorship, Air Force veteran and triple-amputee Brian Kolfage explains who he is and the challenges he’s facing stating: “I’m a veteran of The United States Air Force. I was severely wounded in Combat, on 9/11/2004 while serving in Iraq I lost both my legs entirely and my right hand. I’m the most severely wounded US Airman to survive.” Kolfage continued: “I’m not a ‘conservative.’ I’m not a ‘liberal.’ I’m an American, with deep beliefs in what our country stands for. I proved this by vowing to protect and fighting for America greatest tenant: Free Speech. Many Americans have fought for these political freedoms … freedom of speech … and every American has enjoyed those freedoms… UNTIL TODAY. October 11th Facebook shut down thousands of Facebook accounts for their political opinions stating that they don’t have a ‘legitimate political argument’. STOP SOCIAL MEDIA CENSORSHIP NOW!” Kolfage was the administrator of a number of Facebook pages, notably the pages Right Wing News and Military Grade Coffee, both of which were deleted recently as Facebook attempts to crack down on what it considers “misinformation” on the platform. Right Wing News had more than 3 million followers at the time of its blacklisting by Facebook. Facebook can’t sell ads to readers who don’t go there. It’s fine for sharing cute memes or catching up with old friends, but relying on a “progressive” platform to get out your message is a big mistake. Kolfage’s new website, Fight4FreeSpeech, is here. ... read more3 hours ago
- ROGER KIMBALL: The triumph of Melania Trump: The ABC interview was meant to demean the First Lady….ROGER KIMBALL: The triumph of Melania Trump: The ABC interview was meant to demean the First Lady. Like so many press gambits these days, it backfired. “I am not sure that Melania Trump had the introduction of Henry IV Part 2 in mind when she sat down for her free and frank discussion with the jackals of the — er, with a respected ABC correspondent during her recent trip to Africa. But time and again she dilated upon the ‘unpleasant’, erring and intrusive ‘speculation’ of the media.” ... read more3 hours ago
- WELL: FBI makes arrest over leaking of Manafort FinCEN Suspicious Activity Reports to the media….4 hours ago
- RUN, CREEPY PORN LAWYER, RUN! Michael Avenatti Is Making Concrete Moves to Run for President in 2020…RUN, CREEPY PORN LAWYER, RUN! Michael Avenatti Is Making Concrete Moves to Run for President in 2020 Against Trump. In a brief phone interview with The Daily Beast, Avenatti stressed that his expenditures and exploratory travel would only ramp up in the weeks and months ahead, with stops planned for Texas, California, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, along with longer-term plans to visit Iowa, Ohio, and Nevada. “This idea that this is a superficial thing is ludicrous,” Avenatti said. “It is so ridiculous. I don’t need to engage in a superficial exploration of a potential run. Why would I need to do that? I don’t need any more notoriety. Why would I be wanting to take my time and energy traveling the country to raise money for Democrats if this was superficial?” Though Fight PAC had raised a relatively small $11,907.98 so far, Avenatti said that fundraising was “coming along pretty well.” He had not hired anyone permanently for his committee. But, he added, “I’m consulting with a number of people.” Does he have real presidential ambitions, or is he just testing the waters for a bigger effort at fleecing Democrats out of campaign donations? ... read more4 hours ago
- CULTURE OF CORRUPTION: FBI looking at Manhattan district attorney’s office over potential undue inf…4 hours ago
- TIRED OF AD HOMINEM ATTACKS INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY ADDRESSING IDEAS? So is Conor Freidersdorf from the …TIRED OF AD HOMINEM ATTACKS INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY ADDRESSING IDEAS? So is Conor Freidersdorf from the Atlantic, whose comprehensive takedown of a Guardian review of the bestselling book The Coddling of the American Mind on this basis is a sight to behold. (Disclosure: the book’s co-author is my boss.) And in Quillette, FIRE’s Pamela Paresky goes into further detail about how so much of what passes for “reasoning” these days is really the operation of taboo and “moral pollution.” If you’re one of the many people who just can’t stand political discussions these days (I quit posting to Facebook for just that reason), these articles go a long way towards explaining why. ... read more4 hours ago
- SOCIALISM IS ALWAYS ABOUT HUMILIATING PEOPLE AND TAKING THEIR STUFF:
“Don’t just interrupt a …SOCIALISM IS ALWAYS ABOUT HUMILIATING PEOPLE AND TAKING THEIR STUFF: “Don’t just interrupt a Senator’s meal, y’all,” James Thomas, an assistant professor of sociology, tweeted from his @Insurgent_Prof account on Oct. 6, the day Justice Brett Kavanaugh was sworn into the Supreme Court. “Put your whole damn fingers in their salads,” he wrote. “Take their apps and distribute them to the other diners. Bring boxes and take their food home with you on the way out. They don’t deserve your civility.” But if you respond in kind, they’ll be all “have you no decency, you right-wing terrorist?” ... read more4 hours ago
- DAVID HARSANYI: The Only Remarkable Thing About Beto O’Rourke Is How Much The Media Loves Him. “A …DAVID HARSANYI: The Only Remarkable Thing About Beto O’Rourke Is How Much The Media Loves Him. “A perfect example of bias, advocacy. and wishful thinking.” Despite my best efforts, I know exactly what Texas Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke’s post-punk indie band from the mid-’90s sounds like (not as bad as you’d think!). At the same time, I don’t know much about Senate candidate Josh Hawley, who is 38 years old (meaning, around eight years younger than “rising star” Beto), the attorney general of Missouri, and the Republican nominee for the U.S. Senate. In fact, Hawley’s name recognition outside of his state is probably negligible. When his name does come up in national political coverage, it’s mostly as a tack-on in pieces accessing opponent Claire McCaskill’s latest face-saving move or a panicky story about voter registration in Missouri. As with most other Americans, I don’t have any idea if Hawley likes to air drum to The Who when he pretends to win a debate. What I do know is that Hawley is slightly leading McCaskill, a two-time incumbent, in the RealClearPolitics poll average in a race that could decide which party controls the Senate. O’Rourke, who is also up against an incumbent, Ted Cruz, is down seven points and falling. It wouldn’t be completely surprising if Cruz ends up winning Texas by nearly the same margin he did in 2012. Yet you might not have discerned this reality if you were merely paying attention to Betomania. The Democrat-Media Complex is obsessed with the superficial because, well, what else have they got? ... read more4 hours ago
- WORST NAZI EVER: Trump nominates openly gay conservative to federal appeals court. “Bumatay is an …WORST NAZI EVER: Trump nominates openly gay conservative to federal appeals court. “Bumatay is an assistant U.S. attorney in California handling various criminal issues, including opioid abuse and transnational organized crime, according to the White House. He went to Yale and Harvard Law School, and the White House said Bumatay is a member of the National Filipino American Lawyers Association, the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association and the Tom Homann LGBT Law Association. Bumatay is the second openly gay person Trump has nominated for the federal bench, according to the Washington Blade.” Sadly, California’s homophobic female senators, Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris, oppose him and tried to block his nomination. ... read more4 hours ago
- SO THAT WHOLE DNA TEST THING IS REALLY GOING SWIMMINGLY: Actual Pocohantas descendent to Warren: Ap…SO THAT WHOLE DNA TEST THING IS REALLY GOING SWIMMINGLY: Actual Pocohantas descendent to Warren: Apologize. ... read more4 hours ago
- WHY ARE DEMOCRATS SO VIOLENT? Two GOP Candidates Assaulted in Minnesota: Attacks come as state Dem…WHY ARE DEMOCRATS SO VIOLENT? Two GOP Candidates Assaulted in Minnesota: Attacks come as state Democrats suspend staffer for beheading post. ... read more4 hours ago
- ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THIS KID? He’s 11-years-old and you gotta hear his critique of Einstein and Haw…4 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Lightning Deal, CarGuys Plastic Restorer – The Ultimate Solution for Bringing Rubber, V…AT AMAZON, Lightning Deal, CarGuys Plastic Restorer – The Ultimate Solution for Bringing Rubber, Vinyl and Plastic Back to Life! – 8 oz Kit. ... read more4 hours ago
- THE HEAT IS ON: Women To Heitkamp: You’ll Hear From Our Attorney….4 hours ago
- KAVANAUGH EFFECT: Poll: “The American public is becoming more skeptical about accusations of sexua…KAVANAUGH EFFECT: Poll: “The American public is becoming more skeptical about accusations of sexual misconduct.” “The share of American adults responding that men who sexually harassed women at work 20 years ago should keep their jobs has risen from 28% to 36%. The proportion who think that women who complain about sexual harassment cause more problems than they solve has grown from 29% to 31%. And 18% of Americans now think that false accusations of sexual assault are a bigger problem than attacks that go unreported or unpunished, compared with 13% in November last year.” ... read more4 hours ago
- IN THE MAIL: The Power of Positive Energy: Powerful Thinking,Powerful Life: 9 Powerful Ways for Sel…5 hours ago
- ROGER SIMON: Trump Takes the Right Position (Again) on Khashoggi….ROGER SIMON: Trump Takes the Right Position (Again) on Khashoggi. ... read more5 hours ago
- BETO SCHOOL OF DRIVING: Michigan Dem. Gretchen Whitmer Crashed Into Parked Car in 2016, Witness Said…BETO SCHOOL OF DRIVING: Michigan Dem. Gretchen Whitmer Crashed Into Parked Car in 2016, Witness Said She Was ‘Intoxicated.’ “In a message to PJ Media, the campaign admitted the incident occurred but insisted that alcohol was not involved. They did not give an alternate explanation for why the collision occurred, however.” ... read more5 hours ago
- ROYAL INTERNATIONAL AIR TATTOO: An RAF pilot puts a WW2 Spitfire through its paces. (Tattoo: in this…5 hours ago
- LET’S GET FRACKING: Don’t rule out $400 oil if the U.S. sanctions Saudi Arabia….LET’S GET FRACKING: Don’t rule out $400 oil if the U.S. sanctions Saudi Arabia. ... read more6 hours ago
- HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE, HOSTILE EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT ON ACCOUNT OF SEX EDITION: Penn cel…HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE, HOSTILE EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT ON ACCOUNT OF SEX EDITION: Penn celebrates Anita Hill, intersectionality founder with ‘man-bashing fest.’ ... read more6 hours ago
- OH: Sweden to expel 6-year-old orphan to Ukraine while granting amnesty to 9,000 Afghans….6 hours ago
- WHOA, CANADA: Canada to pardon pot possession as the country legalizes marijuana….WHOA, CANADA: Canada to pardon pot possession as the country legalizes marijuana. ... read more6 hours ago
- YOUR FEELINGS DON’T MAKE YOU SPECIAL: University of Chicago pres. slams ‘privileging of feelings.’….YOUR FEELINGS DON’T MAKE YOU SPECIAL: University of Chicago pres. slams ‘privileging of feelings.’. “Some people are trying to keep certain views unexpressed out of self-righteous, moral, or political indignation, an agenda driven by such moral or political views, and comfort, arrogating to themselves and those they agree with the right of speech, while denying it to others.” ... read more6 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Save on Top-Rated Products.
Plus, Hot New Releases – Updated Every Hour.
And, Shop …7 hours ago
- LIZ SHELD’S MORNING BRIEF: Khashoggi in the Headlines and Much, Much More. “This story continues to …LIZ SHELD’S MORNING BRIEF: Khashoggi in the Headlines and Much, Much More. “This story continues to lead news coverage with the media wagging their finger at President Trump, sneering that he needs to dump/sanction/cancel arms sales/start a war with the Sauds. Despite all the moral posturing, we have no evidence of anything yet, NONE and yet an entire scenario has been constructed and floated around but there is no evidence and no admissions only convenient allegations from the enemies (Turkey, Qatar, Iran) of a Saudi, Israeli, US alliance. If the U.S. turns on the Saudis, qui bono?” Good question. ... read more7 hours ago
- THIS DNA TEST HAS BEEN ONE OF THE GREATEST SELF-OWNS IN ALL THE HISTORY OF POLITICS: Cherokee Natio…THIS DNA TEST HAS BEEN ONE OF THE GREATEST SELF-OWNS IN ALL THE HISTORY OF POLITICS: Cherokee Nation to Elizabeth Warren: Drop dead. Cherokee Nation Secretary of State: “A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America. Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. . . . Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven. Sen. Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.” ... read more8 hours ago
- #METOO: Judge denies Ellison’s petition to keep divorce file sealed and redact ‘sensitive’ informati…8 hours ago
- MICHAEL BARONE: Barone’s Guide to Government: Searches and Seizures….MICHAEL BARONE: Barone’s Guide to Government: Searches and Seizures. ... read more8 hours ago
- INDEED: The Complex, Childish Identity Politics of Elizabeth Warren’s Native Heritage: There’s…8 hours ago
- CHANGE: Union Members Have Traditionally Supported Democrats, But This Poll Shows A Dramatic Shift….8 hours ago
- OH: US Sanctions Threats ‘Unexpectedly’ Led To Deeper Economic Ties Between Iran And Russia.
…OH: US Sanctions Threats ‘Unexpectedly’ Led To Deeper Economic Ties Between Iran And Russia. According to a report by Israeli political analyst Dana Weiss, the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs has a secret document that describes Russia’s plan to aid Iran in subverting the incoming US Sanctions on the Islamic Republic’s oil exports. According to Weiss, Iran will transfer its crude oil to Russian refineries on the Caspian Sea. After that Russia would present and sell the oil as Russian and reimburse Iran on the sales. According to the secret document, the plan was made together by Turkey, Russia and Iran during their summit on September 7th. In the summit the leaders of the three countries discussed avoiding an escalation in Idlib. The document also said that European parties may be complacent in allowing Iran to circumvent US sanctions in order to trade oil with Asia. This would make sense, since the EU signatories on the Iran Nuclear Deal are interested in keeping Iran in the deal and upholding it. After all, the EU has made steps towards assisting Iran deal with the sanctions. According to Weiss, this is worrying for Israel because Iran would avoid an economic collapse, which will also be reinforced by this new way of circumventing US sanctions. We just need to find more soft spots to push on, is all. ... read more8 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Black Rifle Coffee Company, Murdered Out Coffee, Dark Roast, Whole Bean 12 oz Bag.
Pl…8 hours ago
- KATIE PAVLICH: The left’s identity politics fall apart….8 hours ago
- CHANGE: Signs mount of a fundamental shift in US-China ties.
With efforts to resolve the tit-for-…CHANGE: Signs mount of a fundamental shift in US-China ties. With efforts to resolve the tit-for-tat tariff battle in limbo, Vice President Pence this month served public notice that the US sees trade as just one grievance among many against China’s economic, military, geopolitical, and human rights policies. And he explicitly questioned a core assumption of US policy over the past two decades: that support for modernization in China and its integration into the world economy would temper Chinese leaders politically and provide the basis for a relationship of cooperation. Mr. Pence said, in effect, that ship had now sailed. A new cold war, if that’s what it becomes, will likely look far different from the first. The Soviet Union was an underdeveloped country with an outsized military and a fearsome nuclear arsenal. China is also a nuclear power, and has been gradually building up its military reach in recent years. Yet with China, the root source of competition and of steadily growing friction has been an economic one. More specifically, it’s about how China has been using its growing economic might. It’s interesting that Ned Temko should bring up the Soviet Union’s lack of economic might, when for decades we had been assured (always by the Left) that the Soviets were on the brink of overtaking us — if they already hadn’t. Given China’s debt explosion and coming demographic implosion, you have to wonder if they’re as economically mighty as so many people think they are. ... read more8 hours ago