- HOW TO KILL YOUR UNIVERSITY’S CREDIBILITY: Harvard Clown College and Kyle Kashuv….1 hour ago
- OF COURSE IT IS. BECAUSE SHE WANTS IT TO BE: AOC’s Concentration Camp Narrative.
The fact no on…OF COURSE IT IS. BECAUSE SHE WANTS IT TO BE: AOC’s Concentration Camp Narrative. The fact no one wants to exterminate an ethnicity, we just want to keep foreign invaders out of our country, or that Jews weren’t storming Nazi Germany trying to get in, or that no one is trying kill (or even force to work) apprehended foreign invaders, or that– None of that matters. Useful idiot Occasional Cortex wants to link us to one of of the 20th century’s greatest evils, in the process cheapening it. ... read more2 hours ago
- MAKING SURE THE DEMOCRATS DON’T KILL IT FIRST CHANCE THEY GET? TALK ABOUT REALLY NOT WANTING THE PEO…MAKING SURE THE DEMOCRATS DON’T KILL IT FIRST CHANCE THEY GET? TALK ABOUT REALLY NOT WANTING THE PEONS TO ESCAPE THEM INTO SPACE: Trump Gets His Space Force. Now Comes the Hard Part. ... read more3 hours ago
- RESPONDING TO OCCASIONAL CORTEX WITH LOGIC IS LIKE SMOTHERING A FIRE WITH MARSHMALLOWS: AOC’s Pe…RESPONDING TO OCCASIONAL CORTEX WITH LOGIC IS LIKE SMOTHERING A FIRE WITH MARSHMALLOWS: AOC’s Petulant Response To Concentration Camp Criticism. ... read more3 hours ago
- WE NEED HEINLEIN’S THIRD CHAMBER WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO REPEAL LAWS: Here are some of the goofie…WE NEED HEINLEIN’S THIRD CHAMBER WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO REPEAL LAWS: Here are some of the goofiest federal laws still on the books. ... read more3 hours ago
- WHAT A WONDERFUL MEMENTO TO SHOW THE GRAND KIDS (YES, THAT IS SARCASM): YouPorn offering ‘once in …WHAT A WONDERFUL MEMENTO TO SHOW THE GRAND KIDS (YES, THAT IS SARCASM): YouPorn offering ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to propose marriage on adult website. ... read more4 hours ago
- SYMBIOSIS: ‘Puppy dog eyes’ were developed to appeal to humans: study.
I swear Greebo-cat i…SYMBIOSIS: ‘Puppy dog eyes’ were developed to appeal to humans: study. I swear Greebo-cat in addition to following at my heels like a canine has the ability to do this, including the “really?” look with the impression of raised eyebrows. ... read more4 hours ago
- THIN SKIN: CNN Cuts from Trump Rally After Crowd Chants ‘CNN Sucks!’…5 hours ago
- HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: The Surreal End of an American College: Small schools across the U…6 hours ago
- ANALYSIS: TRUE. Dad shaming is a thing too, and mums are a big part of the problem….ANALYSIS: TRUE. Dad shaming is a thing too, and mums are a big part of the problem. ... read more6 hours ago
- TRUMP SAYS HE WOULD GET THE ‘ELECTRIC CHAIR’ IF HE DELETED EMAILS LIKE HILLARY CLINTON.
Given the…TRUMP SAYS HE WOULD GET THE ‘ELECTRIC CHAIR’ IF HE DELETED EMAILS LIKE HILLARY CLINTON. Given the anger the left these days, he’s likely not wrong. ... read more6 hours ago
- IT’S YUGE: Photos From My Son At Trump 2020 Kickoff Campaign Rally In Orlando….7 hours ago
- SOCIAL MEDIA HAD BETTER WORRY: Glenn Harlan Reynolds v Social Media. “Suppose Social Media and Soc…SOCIAL MEDIA HAD BETTER WORRY: Glenn Harlan Reynolds v Social Media. “Suppose Social Media and Social Networking were not the ultimate flowering of internet freedom, but rather an attempt by the Establishment to impose an iron cage of bureaucracy on the New Frontier of the World Wide Web? Whether by accident or design, that is exactly what has taken place.” It was no accident. ... read more7 hours ago
- OPEN THREAD: Share the joy.OPEN THREAD: Share the joy. ... read more7 hours ago
- VIOLENT RHETORIC ALERT: Joe Biden’s fight behind the gym with Donald Trump might involve brass knu…VIOLENT RHETORIC ALERT: Joe Biden’s fight behind the gym with Donald Trump might involve brass knuckles. Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden says that the way he would deal with Senate Republicans who oppose his agenda is with a “brass knuckle fight,” later adds: “Let’s start a real physical revolution if you’re talking about it.” * Curiously, Joe has abandoned his former boss’s advice: “At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized, at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than we do,” he said, “it’s important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds.” * Bernie Bro James T. Hodgkinson, Attempted Assassin Of Steve Scalise, Already Being Erased From History. And additional examples of leftist violence and eliminationist rhetoric at the link. ... read more8 hours ago
- TRUMP IS THE NEW NORMAL: New Quebec law stresses migrants’ skills, thousands must reapply.
The Q…TRUMP IS THE NEW NORMAL: New Quebec law stresses migrants’ skills, thousands must reapply. The Quebec provincial legislature on Sunday approved a controversial immigration bill that will replace a first-come, first-served standard for accepting migrants with one tied to an applicants’ skills. The law is similar to a proposed plan from US President Donald Trump that would shift his country’s visa system from family-based immigration towards bringing in more skilled workers. The law will attempt to more closely match the skills offered by would-be immigrants with the needs of the labor market in Quebec, Canada’s second most-populous province. Under the new law, some 18,000 applications now on file will be shredded, affecting as many as 50,000 people, many of whom already live in the province. Get used to it. ... read more8 hours ago
- THE PROBLEM WITH OCASIO-CORTEZ’S SHAMEFUL IGNORANCE OF HISTORY:
It’s indeed strange to hear a l…THE PROBLEM WITH OCASIO-CORTEZ’S SHAMEFUL IGNORANCE OF HISTORY: It’s indeed strange to hear a leftist who champions anti-Israel causes and anti-Semitic politicians using this phrase, since the Jewish state is the most successful and enduring manifestation of Never Again. The appearance of “Never Again” also undermines her later contention that she wasn’t talking about the Nazi camps. We’re forced to take someone seriously who believes vegetables are a tool of colonial oppression because Ocasio-Cortez is both a charismatic elected official with many impressionable fans, and a person bestowed with a huge media platform. Only last weekend, she appeared on “Meet the Press” praising socialism—the other scourge of the 20th century.* Yet when we need our media to ask her to explain her profoundly childish and destructive statements, they are nowhere to be found. Just think of the media as Democratic Party operatives with bylines, and it all makes sense. Regarding AOC’s disastrous roll-out of her Green New Deal fantasies at the start of the year, ultimately, they would be enforced with the barrel of a gun. As Virginia Postrel noted about 20 years ago when discussing The Future and its Enemies with Brian Lamb on C-Span: The Khmer Rouge sought to start over at year zero, and to sort of create the kind of society that very civilized, humane greens write about as though it were an ideal. I mean, people who would never consider genocide. But I argue that if you want to know what that would take, look at Cambodia–to empty the cities and turn everyone into peasants again. Even in a less developed country, let alone in someplace like the United States, that these sort of static utopian fantasies are just that. Although socialist North Korea begs to differ: ... read more8 hours ago
- WHY IS ANTI-TRUMPISM SUCH A CESSPIT OF RACISM AND HATE? Black reporter harassed at impeach Trump pr…WHY IS ANTI-TRUMPISM SUCH A CESSPIT OF RACISM AND HATE? Black reporter harassed at impeach Trump protest: ‘Go back to Fox News to pick cotton.’ ... read more8 hours ago
- JONATHAN TURLEY: Oberlin College case shows how universities are losing their way. “Across the cou…JONATHAN TURLEY: Oberlin College case shows how universities are losing their way. “Across the country, academics have caused lasting damage to their institutions by failing to stand up to, or actively supporting, extreme demands for speech codes, limits on academic freedom, and tenure changes.” ... read more9 hours ago
- FASTER, PLEASE: This Odd Bacterium Appears to Protect Its Host From The Damaging Effects of Stress….9 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, save in Arts, Crafts, and Sewing.
Plus, deals on Office and School Supplies….10 hours ago
- AOC: FASCIST TRUMP IS RUNNING “CONCENTRATION CAMPS” ON SOUTHERN BORDER. At Hot Air, Ed Morrissey…AOC: FASCIST TRUMP IS RUNNING “CONCENTRATION CAMPS” ON SOUTHERN BORDER. At Hot Air, Ed Morrissey pushes back: The Trump administration doesn’t call then concentration camps for the same reasons the Obama, Bush, and Clinton administrations didn’t — they’re not concentration camps. With thousands of people flooding across the border, the US and Mexico both have to set up facilities to house them while their status gets adjudicated. Their presence in those facilities are necessarily temporary and ends when their cases are finally decided, at which point they’re either admitted or sent out of the country. The term “concentration camps” is more accurately used for facilities meant for ethnic-cleansing purposes rather than control of immigrants and refugees. This is not a situation in which citizens and residents of a country are being relocated en masse into detention facilities, as happened to the Japanese by FDR in World War II, where the term applies even with its historical baggage. It’s certainly not the situation created by actual fascists in the 1930s and 1940s to isolate, enslave, and then exterminate ethnic minorities within their own citizen populations, intended as a permanent policy. That ethnic cleansing from an existing population is precisely what the term “concentration” connotes, in fact. Regardless of whether a handful of historians use the term to engage in histrionics, the two situations aren’t equal, analogous, or even exist in any connectable context. Is this an anti-Semitic remark? Possibly some will feel that way, in terms of watering down the term “concentration camps” and minimizing the industrial slaughter of the Jews into an immigration issue. (Jeff Dunetz has a nuanced take on that issue.) What should be more disturbing is the incredible ignorance and idiocy being spouted by an elected representative, who acts as though the world was created when she first began paying attention to it in January 2017. Not to mention her stenographers defenders in the media. Or as Twitchy notes: It’s come to this: Auschwitz Museum has some advice for journos and alleged ‘historian’ defending AOC. ... read more10 hours ago
- WHY ARE LEFTIST-DOMINATED INSTITUTIONS SUCH CESSPITS OF PREJUDICE? At Harvard Business School, Dive…WHY ARE LEFTIST-DOMINATED INSTITUTIONS SUCH CESSPITS OF PREJUDICE? At Harvard Business School, Diversity Remains Elusive. Related: To Reduce Inequality, Abolish The Ivy League. ... read more10 hours ago
- WAIT. WHAT ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING? DON’T THEY CAUSE THAT TOO?: “New Research Links Affirmative A…WAIT. WHAT ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING? DON’T THEY CAUSE THAT TOO?: “New Research Links Affirmative Action Bans with Increased Smoking Among Minority Teens.” ... read more11 hours ago
- ANALYSIS: TRUE. Gay NRA Media Manager: My Community Missing the Value of Gun Rights….ANALYSIS: TRUE. Gay NRA Media Manager: My Community Missing the Value of Gun Rights. ... read more11 hours ago
- I WAS EXPECTING A MARS-SHATTERING KABOOM: Bam! Fresh Crater Spied on Mars — and It Looks Spectacu…I WAS EXPECTING A MARS-SHATTERING KABOOM: Bam! Fresh Crater Spied on Mars — and It Looks Spectacular. ... read more12 hours ago
- SAYONARA TO GOOD SENSE: “Campus Foor Service Worker Hit with Bias Complaint After Saying ‘Hello’ t…SAYONARA TO GOOD SENSE: “Campus Foor Service Worker Hit with Bias Complaint After Saying ‘Hello’ to Student in Japanese.” This one is from the University of Minnesota (a state formerly famous for its “Minnesota nice”). ... read more12 hours ago
- OF COURSE: Professor says his course proposal on conservative thought was rejected at Portland Sta…12 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Chef’sChoice 130 Professional Electric Knife Sharpening Station for Straight and Serra…13 hours ago
- DISPATCHES FROM GROUND ZERO OF THE EDUCATION APOCALYPSE: Oberlin Is Forced to Check Its Woke Privile…DISPATCHES FROM GROUND ZERO OF THE EDUCATION APOCALYPSE: Oberlin Is Forced to Check Its Woke Privilege. If there is one thing you learn about at Oberlin College, the notoriously progressive liberal-arts college, it is surely privilege: white privilege, hetero privilege, gender privilege, you name it. Now, an Ohio jury has identified an entirely new variety, woke privilege, and resolved to hold people who believe they are protected by it to account. The jury handed down a staggering $11 million verdict against Oberlin for a smear campaign against a local business, and it awarded another $33 million in punitive damages to the targeted mom-and-pop store, Gibson’s Food Market and Bakery. The damages will certainly be reduced, but the verdict is a shot across the bow of well-heeled institutions tempted to join social-justice mobs. Oberlin thought that it could defame Gibson’s as racist with impunity, that the hothouse rules of campus politics applied (i.e., anyone accused of racism is ipso facto guilty of racism), and that no one would question its superior righteousness and cultural power vis-à-vis a mere local business. In other words, Oberlin counted on its woke privilege to give it the latitude to discount reason, evidence, and fair play. Oberlin’s woke privilege may impact any number of uber-woke academic institutions, as trial lawyers wake up to the rewards that can be found by punching back twice as hard, to borrow from the recommendation of an uber-woke community advisor. ... read more13 hours ago
- IT’S A BAD IDEA: Speed Holstering: Why It’s a Bad Idea….13 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Shop Amazon Warehouse Deals – Deep Discounts on Open-box and Used Products.
Plus, Shop…14 hours ago
- WORST. RACIST. EVER. Poll: Trump Better for Black Americans Than Obama….WORST. RACIST. EVER. Poll: Trump Better for Black Americans Than Obama. ... read more14 hours ago
- IS THERE NOTHING IT CAN’T DO? How Ford’s flathead V-8 helped save lives as an aerial minesweeper…IS THERE NOTHING IT CAN’T DO? How Ford’s flathead V-8 helped save lives as an aerial minesweeper during World War II. ... read more14 hours ago
- ASK AMY: My daughter lives with me and owns a gun. Can I kick her out? “I agree with your ultimatum;…ASK AMY: My daughter lives with me and owns a gun. Can I kick her out? “I agree with your ultimatum; I also weep that there is yet another (likely unsafe) gun owner in this country.” Better advice: Ask your daughter to take you down to the range for professional instruction. ... read more14 hours ago
- 21ST CENTURY HEADLINES: A New Instrument Is Actively Searching For More Planets Around Alpha Centau…21ST CENTURY HEADLINES: A New Instrument Is Actively Searching For More Planets Around Alpha Centauri. ... read more14 hours ago
- BLUE CITY BLUES: A Deadly Gang War Is Happening In A Highly Gentrified Washington, DC, Neighborhood….15 hours ago
- DON’T GET COCKY, KIDS: 797 Trump reelection ‘watch parties’ set, six times the number of #Impea…DON’T GET COCKY, KIDS: 797 Trump reelection ‘watch parties’ set, six times the number of #ImpeachTrump events. Here’s why you shouldn’t get cocky: Swing states: Biden dominates, Trump’s reelection in trouble. ... read more15 hours ago
- SAD: Why Targeting Millennial Consumers Might Not Be Such a Hot Idea After All. “A growing body of e…SAD: Why Targeting Millennial Consumers Might Not Be Such a Hot Idea After All. “A growing body of evidence shows why Gen Y consumers aren’t ideal: because many of them are broke.” ... read more15 hours ago
- THE CORBYNIZATION OF THE AMERICAN LEFT CONTINUES APACE: Leftist Actor John Cusack Tweets Vile Anti-S…THE CORBYNIZATION OF THE AMERICAN LEFT CONTINUES APACE: Leftist Actor John Cusack Tweets Vile Anti-Semitic Attack, Then Deletes. It’s often difficult to distinguish between the arguments of anti-semetic pro-Palestinians (à la Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Louis Farrakhan) and anti-semetic white nationalists. Actor John Cusack ran across this problem Monday night when he posted an anti-semetic tweet that used a Neo-Nazi quote, thinking it was a pro-Palestine meme. The Con Air star later deleted the tweet and issued an apology, but through the left’s readiness to forgive, it unintentionally exposed its own hypocrisy. The tweet in question is a picture of a Star of David-emblazoned arm crushing a group of haggard paupers with a quote that reads: “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.” The quote — falsely attributed to Voltaire — comes from Neo-Nazi Kevin Alfred Storm. Cusack added the caption “Follow the money.” Flashback: Cusack signs on to Roger Waters’ pro-BDS manifesto. ... read more15 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, save on Lawn Mowers and Tractors.15 hours ago
- MEANWHILE, OVER AT VODKAPUNDIT: The Sexbot Devolution….15 hours ago
- CHANGE: Trump opens 1.4 million federal acres to hunters, anglers….15 hours ago
- WINNING: Trump Drives Down Price Of F-35 Fighter 25% From Obama Level.
The flyaway price was alwa…WINNING: Trump Drives Down Price Of F-35 Fighter 25% From Obama Level. The flyaway price was always supposed to drop once production ramped up, but Trump has been aggressive in his push to drive that price down even further, and faster. ... read more16 hours ago
- EVERYTHING USES GPS; MY UNDERWATER CAMERA TAGS PICS WITH THE LAST GPS READING FROM THE SURFACE: Stu…EVERYTHING USES GPS; MY UNDERWATER CAMERA TAGS PICS WITH THE LAST GPS READING FROM THE SURFACE: Study finds that a GPS outage would cost $1 billion per day. “90 percent of the technology’s financial impact has come since just 2010.” ... read more16 hours ago
- ENDGAME: How 7.4 Tons of Venezuela’s Gold Landed in Africa—and Vanished.
On two early-March f…ENDGAME: How 7.4 Tons of Venezuela’s Gold Landed in Africa—and Vanished. On two early-March flights, at least 7.4 tons of gold with a market value over $300 million moved from Venezuela to a refinery in Uganda, say officials in Venezuela and Uganda, a foreign diplomat and Venezuelan opposition lawmakers, who have concluded Mr. Maduro’s government exported the ingots. The gold arrived on a Russian charter jetliner in two shipments at the international airport in Entebbe, says Ugandan national-police spokesman Fred Enanga. The accompanying paperwork identified the ingots, some with stamped labels partially scratched off, as Venezuelan central-bank property, says a senior Ugandan police officer who saw the bars and documents. Flight records show the trips originated in Caracas, Venezuela. The shipments expose one link in a global underground economy many suspect is helping Mr. Maduro cling to power by bypassing the U.S.-dominated international finance system. Washington has recognized opposition leader Juan Guaidó as Venezuela’s legitimate president, slapped financial and other sanctions on Venezuelan officials and institutions, and threatened penalties for others doing business with the regime. When the gold runs out, that’s when the real fun begins. ... read more16 hours ago
- DEAR DIARY: Jim Acosta Risks Life and Limb to Sell His Book. “Valley Forge. Gettysburg. Pearl Harb…DEAR DIARY: Jim Acosta Risks Life and Limb to Sell His Book. “Valley Forge. Gettysburg. Pearl Harbor. Omaha Beach. And now, we can add another name to the list of sacred places in the American collective unconscious: the DoubleTree by Hilton in Philly. That’s where CNN’s brave correspondent Jim Acosta bravely spoke yesterday about The Enemy of the People, his brave new book about how brave he is.” ... read more16 hours ago
- DANIEL MITCHELL: The Trump Tax Reform Is Generating Good Results….16 hours ago
- CHANGE: Politicians from both sides back Virginia attorney general’s call for decriminalizing mariju…CHANGE: Politicians from both sides back Virginia attorney general’s call for decriminalizing marijuana. The call from the state’s top lawyer to decriminalize marijuana possession could be enough to break the question free from the General Assembly committees where it has died in recent years, politicians and lobbyists who follow the issue say. Attorney General Mark Herring said in a Sunday op-ed essay in the Daily Press and Virginian-Pilot that racial disparities in enforcement and the number of young lives ruined mean it is time to stop putting people in jail for possession of small amounts of marijuana. “I’m wide open to looking at it,” said Del. Barry Knight, R-Virginia Beach, who as chairman of the House Appropriations Committee’s public safety panel keeps an eye on law enforcement issues. “I could see handling it like a traffic violation, with a fine,” he said. It’s not smart to smoke the stuff, but it’s even dumber to send people to jail for it. ... read more16 hours ago
- JUSTICE: A former FBI agent hired by St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner to help in the criminal…16 hours ago