- REBELS WITHOUT A RATIONALE: #WomensMarch2018: The Return of The Sisters of the Traveling Pussy Hat…REBELS WITHOUT A RATIONALE: #WomensMarch2018: The Return of The Sisters of the Traveling Pussy Hats. ... read more1 hour ago
- IT DIDN’T DESTROY YOUR LIFE; YOU DESTROYED YOUR LIFE: Author of infamous letter to CEO says it ‘de…IT DIDN’T DESTROY YOUR LIFE; YOU DESTROYED YOUR LIFE: Author of infamous letter to CEO says it ‘destroyed her life’. ... read more2 hours ago
- YAWN. ARE WE STILL IN MIDDLE SCHOOL? Why you should totally drop that F bomb….2 hours ago
- HERE’S THE THING, HONEY: YOU WERE WORKING AT A CATHOLIC SCHOOL AND WHAT YOU HAD DONE IS NOTHING LIKE…HERE’S THE THING, HONEY: YOU WERE WORKING AT A CATHOLIC SCHOOL AND WHAT YOU HAD DONE IS NOTHING LIKE TESTICULAR CANCER: School worker in trouble over her ‘designer vagina.’ ... read more3 hours ago
- BECAUSE IT’S IMPORTANT TO KNOW THESE THINGS: Lenin’s The State and Revolution – An Introductio…BECAUSE IT’S IMPORTANT TO KNOW THESE THINGS: Lenin’s The State and Revolution – An Introduction – by Amanda S. Green. ... read more3 hours ago
- I’M SURE THAT EVEN ASKING THIS QUESTION IS SOMEHOW RACIST OR SOMETHING: If Trump is an authoritaria…I’M SURE THAT EVEN ASKING THIS QUESTION IS SOMEHOW RACIST OR SOMETHING: If Trump is an authoritarian, why don’t Democrats treat him like one? ... read more4 hours ago
- THIS IS CHILDISH AND SILLY: Meet the woman confronting public figures with their immigrant historie…THIS IS CHILDISH AND SILLY: Meet the woman confronting public figures with their immigrant histories. It’s perfectly reasonable to think that America needed immigration a century or two ago, and also that it doesn’t need anything like those levels today. It’s even reasonable to think that we got a better class of immigrants then than we’re likely to get now. Terming people “anti-immigrant” is just another example of the Democrats’ project to squash everything into the racism-framework, whether it belongs there or not. When the only card you have is the race card, it gets played a lot. ... read more5 hours ago
- AT AMAZON: CRKT M16-01KZ Folding Spear Point Straight Edge Knife….AT AMAZON: CRKT M16-01KZ Folding Spear Point Straight Edge Knife. ... read more5 hours ago
- NED RYUN: Red Flags Raised: Blue Wave Building?
But see, contra: The Thin Blue Wave: As we a…NED RYUN: Red Flags Raised: Blue Wave Building? But see, contra: The Thin Blue Wave: As we argue over who’s to blame for the government shutdown, it’s worth questioning the conventional wisdom of a Democratic triumph in November. But it doesn’t matter what pundits think. If you care about politics, pick a 2018 race and go all-in on donations and volunteering and whatever else you can do. ... read more5 hours ago
- HERE’S TONIGHT’S OPEN THREAD. THREAD AWAY!HERE’S TONIGHT’S OPEN THREAD. THREAD AWAY! ... read more6 hours ago
- DEMS SAID NET NEUTRALITY WOULD KILL VAST NUMBERS OF PEOPLE, BUT THEY’RE CLUTCHING THEIR PEARLS ABOUT…DEMS SAID NET NEUTRALITY WOULD KILL VAST NUMBERS OF PEOPLE, BUT THEY’RE CLUTCHING THEIR PEARLS ABOUT THIS: “Democrats who stand in our way will be complicit in every murder committed by illegal immigrants.” ... read more6 hours ago
- YES, IT DOES: Elizabeth Warren’s Native American problem goes beyond politics.
There’s a gho…YES, IT DOES: Elizabeth Warren’s Native American problem goes beyond politics. There’s a ghost haunting Elizabeth Warren as she ramps up for a possible 2020 presidential bid and a reelection campaign in Massachusetts this year: her enduring and undocumented claims of Native American ancestry. Warren says now, as she has from the first days of her public life, that she based her assertions on family lore, on her reasonable trust in what she was told about her ancestry as a child. “I know who I am,” she said in a recent interview with the Globe. But that self-awareness may not be enough, as her political ambitions blossom. She’s taken flak from the right for years as a “fake Indian,” including taunts from President Trump, who derisively calls her “Pocahontas.’’ That clamor from the right will only grow with her increasing prominence. And, more telling, there’s also discomfort on the left and among some tribal leaders and activists that Warren has a political blind spot when it comes to the murkiness surrounding her story of her heritage, which blew up as an issue in her victorious 2012 Massachusetts Senate race. In recent months, Daily Show host Trevor Noah mocked her for claiming Native American ancestry and the liberal website ThinkProgress published a scathing criticism of her by a Cherokee activist who said she should apologize. I’m entirely willing to believe that she originally thought she was part Cherokee — lots of families think they have some sort of American Indian ancestry, and many (perhaps most) are wrong. But her real crime wasn’t in being wrong, it was in doubling down and refusing to admit the possibility of error once people questioned her. That character is neither appealing, nor good for a presidential candidate. Much less a president. ... read more6 hours ago
- NO, CHUCK, I DON’T BELIEVE IT IS 1995 ALL OVER AGAIN: At least that’s what it seems reading Bloomber…7 hours ago
- CONGRATULATIONS TO UT LAW STUDENT BRIAN ADAMS, AND MY COLLEAGUE BRIAN KRUMM: UT Law student dominat…CONGRATULATIONS TO UT LAW STUDENT BRIAN ADAMS, AND MY COLLEAGUE BRIAN KRUMM: UT Law student dominates transaction law competition. ... read more7 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, deals in Handbags and Shoes.
Plus, browse savings in Industrial and Scientific….8 hours ago
- SCIENCE: Face of Teenager from 9000 Years Ago Reconstructed. “Having reconstructed a lot of Stone …SCIENCE: Face of Teenager from 9000 Years Ago Reconstructed. “Having reconstructed a lot of Stone Age women and men, I think some facial features seem to have disappeared or ‘smoothed out’ with time. In general, we look less masculine, both men and women, today.” Well, life is softer now. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Stone Age men had testosterone levels several times what’s considered normal now. Maybe the women did, too! ... read more9 hours ago
- ROCK ‘N’ ROLL TWEET OF THE DECADE:
…9 hours ago
- THIS IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT: Adolescence now starts at 10 and lasts until 24.
Young people contin…THIS IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT: Adolescence now starts at 10 and lasts until 24. Young people continuing their education for longer, as well as delayed marriage and parenthood, has redefined common perceptions of when adulthood starts, scientists wrote in the Lancet Child & Adolescent Health journal. Societal and biological changes have prolonged the adolescent years from the ages of 10-19 to now ending at 24 years old, scientists said, leading to a debate about whether new policies would benefit or “infantilize” the older adolescents. Puberty used to occur around age 14, but now has lowered to the age of 10 because of improved health and nutrition in much of the developed world, the BBC reported. As a result, in the past 150 years, the average age for a girl’s first menstruation has become younger by four years in industrialized countries like the UK. Young people are also getting married and having children later, the report said. Like I said, I don’t think this is better for anyone. ... read more9 hours ago
- AMERICA UNDER TRUMP IS EDGING CLOSER TO LIBERTARIAN PARADISE: “The federal government remained shut…AMERICA UNDER TRUMP IS EDGING CLOSER TO LIBERTARIAN PARADISE: “The federal government remained shut down, but [Stormy] Daniels was open for business.” But the real question is, who was the #journalist who got the lap dance: Women swaggered by in tights, leatherette and heels that could dent metal, brushing past a vending machine that spits cigarettes. Bartenders shooed too-stingy visitors from the good seats, returning $15 in singles for a $5 drink order paid with a 20, and mouthing the lyrics to “Super Freak.” Dancers pawed playfully at their prey, flipping their hair at patrons like a fishing line. “All right — one,” a member of the news media relented eventually, disappearing for a few minutes as a dancer led him to a back room. She returned a short while later to flip her hair at the other scribes. Was it Glenn Thrush? ... read more10 hours ago
- FLU? OR “FLU-LIKE?” The Difference Matters….10 hours ago
- THE DAWNING OF THE AGE OF INCOMPLETION: I’m a day late linking to it, but as Mark Steyn writes, “it was twenty years ago today/Slick Willie taught the intern to play!” The drama of January 1998 put certain words and phrases in the public discourse for the next two years, including “impeachment”, “vast right-wing conspiracy”, “the meaning of ‘is'”, and “completion”, which President Clinton was said by Monica in the Starr Report not to reach. Yes, it was twenty years ago today/Slick Willie taught the intern to play! In a sense, the Clintons have never reached completion — which is why, two decades on, the news is full of Uranium One, Hillary-commissioned dirty dossiers and Huma’s emails — not to mention the exposure of Harvey Weinstein and other Clinton buddies for availing themselves of the same interns-with-benefits approach to the workplace. We may run some old pieces from the Dawning of the Age of Incompletion in the weeks ahead. But, if you’re wondering what we were talking about before Monica, the answer is Paula – who became near totally eclipsed by Miss Lewinsky. The Age of Incompletion also kicked off the age of new media, beginning with a young man with a DIY Website named Matt Drudge, who published the Lewisnky story that then-Washington Post-owned Newsweek had spiked, because – say it with me: The bill came due eventually, though — the Post sold Newsweek for a dollar in 2010, only for the Graham family to see its newspaper acquired three years later by Jeff Bezos, reportedly for about the same amount of money he paid for three seasons of his Grand Tour car TV series on Amazon Prime. ... read more11 hours ago
- THIS STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN: FBI ‘Failed To Preserve’ Five Months Of Text Messages Between Anti-…THIS STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN: FBI ‘Failed To Preserve’ Five Months Of Text Messages Between Anti-Trump FBI Agents. ... read more11 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Carhartt Men’s Arctic Wool Heavy Boot Socks….11 hours ago
- THERE IS NO WAY ANY SATIRIST CAN IMPROVE UPON REAL LIFE FOR ITS PURE ABSURDITY — ESPECIALLY WHEN CN…THERE IS NO WAY ANY SATIRIST CAN IMPROVE UPON REAL LIFE FOR ITS PURE ABSURDITY — ESPECIALLY WHEN CNN IS INVOLVED. Here’s Jonah Goldberg channeling Ken Burns yesterday: Here’s CNN’s perpetually-histrionic Jim Acosta, today: Acosta’s lamentations are best accompanied by the appropriate period music: ... read more11 hours ago
- HMM: Self-Driving Tech Is Making Black Cars Less Black….11 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Shop Amazon Warehouse Deals – Deep Discounts on Open-box and Used Products.
Plus, Shop…12 hours ago
- ANSWERING THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS: Why Many Women Unnecessarily Get a Hysterectomy ….13 hours ago
- YOU MEAN IT’S JUST A FAD? Study suggests ‘hot’ yoga no better for the heart than regular yoga….YOU MEAN IT’S JUST A FAD? Study suggests ‘hot’ yoga no better for the heart than regular yoga. ... read more13 hours ago
- HUH, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? Katie Hopkins: ‘The Sh*thole Countries Are Here in Western Europe.’…HUH, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? Katie Hopkins: ‘The Sh*thole Countries Are Here in Western Europe.’ ... read more14 hours ago
- WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS: Fuller Brush Stain & Spot Remover Kit with HyperOx Cleaner and Brush….WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS: Fuller Brush Stain & Spot Remover Kit with HyperOx Cleaner and Brush. ... read more14 hours ago
- PEGGY NOONAN: America Needs More Gentlemen.
Here is why we’re discussing this. All the stories we…PEGGY NOONAN: America Needs More Gentlemen. Here is why we’re discussing this. All the stories we’ve read the past few months about predators—not those accused of rape and sexual assault, which are crimes, but of general piggishness, grabbiness, manipulation and power games—have a common thread. The men involved were not gentlemen. They acted as if they’d never heard of the concept. We have lost track of it. In the past 40 years, in the movement for full equality, we threw it over the side. But we should rescue that old and helpful way of being. The whole culture, especially women, needs The Gentleman back. A person of the cultural left would say that is a hopelessly patriarchal thing to say. But one thing the #MeToo movement illustrates is that women are often at particular risk in the world, and need friends and allies to stand with them. That would be men. And the most reliable of them are gentlemen. There are a million definitions of what a gentleman is, and some begin with references to being born to a particular standing. But in America any man could be one who had the guts to withstand the demands. The dictionary says a gentleman is a chivalrous, courteous, honorable man. As Glenn wrote a few years ago, “chivalry was a system, which imposed numerous obligations on women, as well as on men. It is, I think, impossible to critique what has happened to notions of masculinity, without thinking about what has happened to notions of femininity in our culture. But that could lead to dangerous heresies.” And get you banned from Britain’s Channel 4 TV. ... read more14 hours ago
- AND CERTAINLY LESS THAN I HOPE: The Effect Of A Government Shutdown On The IRS: Not What You Think….AND CERTAINLY LESS THAN I HOPE: The Effect Of A Government Shutdown On The IRS: Not What You Think. ... read more14 hours ago
- GREAT MOMENTS IN LAW ENFORCEMENT: Lubed Up and Ready To Go! ‘Crisco cops’ in Philly out in force…GREAT MOMENTS IN LAW ENFORCEMENT: Lubed Up and Ready To Go! ‘Crisco cops’ in Philly out in force to prevent fans from climbing light poles. Pretty sure I saw Law & Crisco playing on Cinemax last night… ... read more14 hours ago
- I CAN’T THINK OF A SINGLE REASON, TO BE HONEST: Of course it’s possible to go surfing when it’s f…I CAN’T THINK OF A SINGLE REASON, TO BE HONEST: Of course it’s possible to go surfing when it’s freezing outside. The question is, why would you? ... read more14 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Lightning Deal, Soufull Chef Knife 8 inches Japanese Stainless Steel Gyutou Knife with E…AT AMAZON, Lightning Deal, Soufull Chef Knife 8 inches Japanese Stainless Steel Gyutou Knife with Ergonomic Handle. ... read more15 hours ago
- JORDAN PETERSON CONTINUES TO LIVE RENT FREE IN VANQUISHED INTERROGATOR’S HEAD: After Peterson’…JORDAN PETERSON CONTINUES TO LIVE RENT FREE IN VANQUISHED INTERROGATOR’S HEAD: After Peterson’s half-hour interview with leftwing British TV host Cathy Newman went viral earlier this week, Newman has been desperate for victim status: ● Shot: Channel 4 News calls in security experts after trolls make ‘vicious’ threats to presenter Cathy Newman . —The London Telegraph, yesterday. ● Chaser: A Twitter user responding to Ian Miles Cheong of the Daily Caller writes that “They’ve deleted this tweet since. I wonder why? Obviously not because it shows Cathy as not a victim, but instead someone with a sense of humour?” Heh. If you haven’t seen it yet, you owe it to yourself to watch the whole interview. As the London Spectator notes, “If I was Channel 4 I would take it down. If I was Cathy Newman I would sue or seek a super-injunction. I don’t think I have ever witnessed an interview that is more catastrophic for the interviewer.” Peterson’s book, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, is due out on Tuesday. ... read more15 hours ago
- WELL THAT DOESN’T FIT THE NARRATIVE: Star Tribune Minnesota Poll delivers promising results for Rep…WELL THAT DOESN’T FIT THE NARRATIVE: Star Tribune Minnesota Poll delivers promising results for Republicans. ... read more15 hours ago
- NEWS YOU CAN USE: How to avoid fake news: Stop getting your news from Facebook, that’s how….NEWS YOU CAN USE: How to avoid fake news: Stop getting your news from Facebook, that’s how. ... read more15 hours ago
- LEADING FROM THE FRONT: Trump calls for Republicans to trigger ‘nuclear option’ if stalemate contin…LEADING FROM THE FRONT: Trump calls for Republicans to trigger ‘nuclear option’ if stalemate continues. ... read more15 hours ago
- IN THE MAIL: Under the Eagle: A Tale of Military Adventure and Reckless Heroism with the Roman Legi…IN THE MAIL: Under the Eagle: A Tale of Military Adventure and Reckless Heroism with the Roman Legions. Plus, fresh Gold Box and Lightning Deals. New deals every hour. ... read more16 hours ago
- FASTER, PLEASE: House Republicans ‘Charting Path’ to Release Explosive FISA Memo….FASTER, PLEASE: House Republicans ‘Charting Path’ to Release Explosive FISA Memo. ... read more16 hours ago
- I KNEW TRUMP WAS SWORN IN AS PRESIDENT A YEAR AGO, BUT I HAD NO IDEA HE BECAME AN AFRICAN AMERICAN M…I KNEW TRUMP WAS SWORN IN AS PRESIDENT A YEAR AGO, BUT I HAD NO IDEA HE BECAME AN AFRICAN AMERICAN MOM AND VETERAN LAST YEAR TOO, TOO: My take on Trump’s first year as an African-American mom and veteran. Is there anything he can’t do? Headline aside, though, it’s a good piece. ... read more17 hours ago
- STEPHEN L. CARTER: Amazon’s Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs: The same cities that alway…STEPHEN L. CARTER: Amazon’s Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs: The same cities that always get a seat are still in the competition for HQ2. Yawn. Amazon released the list this week. And, like lots of people who’ve taken a look, I was left underwhelmed. Because what immediately struck me is how conventional it is. Amazon has pretty much picked the same finalists that any company with an eye toward building a new headquarters would pick. I mean, seriously. New York. Duh. Boston. General Electric Co. (or what’s left of it) is already heading there. Washington and its environs. Like they need more jobs and pricey real estate. Atlanta, Dallas and Raleigh, North Carolina. Where everybody else is moving. Utterly conventional. Yet we’re all talking about it. Writing about it. Arguing about it. Amazon has accomplished an enormous act of public relations. Companies move headquarters all the time. They choose where to invest. But usually it’s a semi-private process. They talk to the right city and state officials, presentations and offers are made, and then comes the announcement. The news is a two-day story, if that. State tax abatements and other “incentives” should be treated as taxable income at the federal level. States should be encouraged to have low taxes for every company, not just the favored few. ... read more17 hours ago
- SEXISM IN FASHION: Presenting Men As Pigs And Dogs. “I can’t decide whether to laugh or cry at thi…SEXISM IN FASHION: Presenting Men As Pigs And Dogs. “I can’t decide whether to laugh or cry at this idiocy. On one hand, it demoralizes the models in the show even though it is the male models who have reported being victims of sexual harassment. Why would the male models agree to wear such humiliating outfits? It makes them look like the predators themselves. Is this really the image they are going for? On the other hand, the men as dogs and pigs is derogatory towards all men. What if they dressed Jews or women etc. in such outfits?” Actually, in Paris, portraying Jews as pigs and dogs is becoming steadily more popular. ... read more17 hours ago
- HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: Students earned $11/hour to complain about Halloween costumes….HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: Students earned $11/hour to complain about Halloween costumes. ... read more17 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Save on Hot New Releases – Updated Every Hour.
Plus, Shop Amazon Outlet – Clearance, M…18 hours ago
- IT TAKES AN AUSTRALIAN TO EXPLAIN ANTI-TRUMP HYSTERIA: The clearest, most sober and non-emotional …IT TAKES AN AUSTRALIAN TO EXPLAIN ANTI-TRUMP HYSTERIA: The clearest, most sober and non-emotional essay on Trump and the backlash I’ve yet to read. Fair dinkum. Kicker of the Year: Perhaps those who hysterically condemn Trump as a means of expressing their own virtue need to consider that if their aim is to portray themselves as more tolerant and urbane than the US President, they might be setting a pretty low bar. As the Professor says: “Read the whole thing.” **UPDATE: non-paywall link https://news22741224.wordpress.com/2018/01/21/trumps-first-year-truth-gets-lost-in-hysteria/ ... read more18 hours ago
- THE REAL THING FROM NOVEMBER 2001: Original U.S. Army “Horse Soldiers” photo….19 hours ago
- A DONALD TRUMP OPED IN THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER: A Year of Real Change.
We are putting America fi…A DONALD TRUMP OPED IN THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER: A Year of Real Change. We are putting America first, making real change in Washington, and creating opportunities for all of our people. From coast to coast, there is a renewed spirit. Our country is roaring back more quickly than anyone could have predicted. The American Dream is real again. Estimates predict the U.S. economy grew at an annualized rate of more than 3 percent in the fourth quarter of last year – just like it did in the two quarters before that. The economy has created more than 2 million new jobs, and the unemployment rate has fallen to its lowest rate in 17 years: 4.1 percent. We have achieved the lowest African-American unemployment rate on record, and the unemployment rate for Hispanic Americans has also hit historic lows. Chrysler has announced plans to bring jobs and production back to the U.S. from Mexico. And the stock market continues to set record high after record high. Just before Christmas, we enacted massive tax cuts and tax reform for the American people. For the first time in 30 years, we reformed the tax code to make it simpler and fairer. We have lowered rates for both individuals and businesses, expanded 529 education savings accounts to be used for K-12 education, and doubled the child tax credit. These changes will not only allow Americans to keep more of their hard-earned money, but they will help make American workers and businesses competitive again. This sweeping reform also repealed Obamacare’s individual mandate – an unpopular, cruel, and burdensome tax that hit low- and middle-income Americans the hardest. Over the year, as Americans have seen increases in their paychecks and retirement accounts, American companies in every sector have grown their business and created more jobs. This is a real test of the “It’s the economy, stupid,” school of politics. ... read more19 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, RockDove Two-Tone Memory Foam Warm House Slippers for Men w/Indoor Outdoor Sole.
Plus,…AT AMAZON, RockDove Two-Tone Memory Foam Warm House Slippers for Men w/Indoor Outdoor Sole. Plus, Lightning Deal, Foam Roller for Best Muscle Massage & Deep Tissue Trigger. ... read more19 hours ago