- GLAD THEY EXIST, HOPE I NEVER NEED ONE: Eye Injections Are Magic Bullets for Retinal Disease.
…GLAD THEY EXIST, HOPE I NEVER NEED ONE: Eye Injections Are Magic Bullets for Retinal Disease. The disease itself, however, seems mostly to do with diabetes. ... read more47 mins ago
- THE SONG THAT CAME IN FROM THE COLD: “Baby It’s Cold Outside” begins its return to some radio …THE SONG THAT CAME IN FROM THE COLD: “Baby It’s Cold Outside” begins its return to some radio stations. ... read more57 mins ago
- WELL, ENJOY TODAY: What Is the Horniest, Most Fertile Day of the Year?…WELL, ENJOY TODAY: What Is the Horniest, Most Fertile Day of the Year? ... read more1 hour ago
- VIDEO: Google CEO Squirms as Jim Jordan Grills Him Over 2016 Latino Turnout Efforts. “Did Google pus…VIDEO: Google CEO Squirms as Jim Jordan Grills Him Over 2016 Latino Turnout Efforts. “Did Google push the Latino vote in Florida and Nevada to help Hillary Clinton?” ... read more1 hour ago
- THE ORIGIN OF THE WOMEN’S MARCH IS A STORY OF VIRULENT ANTI-SEMITISM: “Four white women, one of th…THE ORIGIN OF THE WOMEN’S MARCH IS A STORY OF VIRULENT ANTI-SEMITISM: “Four white women, one of them Jewish, wanted to put on an anti-Trump rally but then feared they were too white. So they reached out to some kind of media fixer named Michael Skolnik, who gained notoriety due to his connections to Russell Simmons (himself a supporter of Louis Farrakhan), to ask him to recommend women of color to add to their group. (Apparently, these liberal white women didn’t know any — what a shock.) And what they got were loud-and-proud antisemites, and Linda Sarsour hadn’t even joined yet.” Read the whole thing, which is yet another reminder that the alt-right and the mainstream left are the mirror images of each other. ... read more1 hour ago
- JAMAL KHASHOGGI IS THE RIGHT TIME PERSON OF THE YEAR – FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS:
Khashoggi’s d…JAMAL KHASHOGGI IS THE RIGHT TIME PERSON OF THE YEAR – FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS: Khashoggi’s death, TIME tells us, ‘laid bare the true nature of a smiling prince, the utter absence of morality in the Saudi-US alliance and – in the cascade of news feeds and alerts, posts and shares and links – the centrality of the question Khashoggi was killed over: Whom do you trust to tell the story?’ Let’s remember that before he fled to the US a year before he was cruelly murdered in Istanbul, Khashoggi became rich working for a Saudi royal family that was, and remains, among the world’s worst persecutors of journalists. He edited government-controlled Saudi newspapers, which are without exception regime propaganda outlets, and headed TV news channels that were owned by Saudi princes. Then he outdid himself by working as a media adviser to a senior Saudi prince in London and Washington. He embraced with unbridled enthusiasm his role of justifying Saudi regime atrocities in the Western media. He even denied on the BBC that anyone was ever tortured in Saudi Arabia. Time magazine declaring a leading purveyor of fake news as one of its “Persons of the Year” sums up the current state of Time magazine perfectly. Meanwhile, at the intersection of journalism and Twitter, Time’s editor-in-chief, Edward Felsenthal tells the Today show’s Savannah Guthrie that also included in its “Persons of the Year” for 2019 are “Two amazing reporters, Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo, who exposed a mass killing of ten Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar. And are in prison, actually, one day – a year to the day tomorrow, as a result of their reporting.” Myanmar is where Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey tweeted on Sunday, for those looking for exotic locales in which to meditate, “if you’re willing to travel a bit, go to Myanmar.” As The Hill noted in response, “Twitter users took issue with Dorsey’s tweets, given that Myanmar’s military has been accused of ravaging the Rohingya in what the United Nations has deemed a genocide” — and arresting journalists. ... read more2 hours ago
- CHANGE: Study: Too much screen time changes kids’ brain structure.
Related: Social Media as Soc…2 hours ago
- KIRK KOLBO: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn at 100….2 hours ago
- MAKING THE RUBBLE BOUNCE: Federal judge orders Stormy Daniels to pay President Donald Trump $293,052…2 hours ago
- SHAME STORM:
In October 2010, I appeared on a panel to promote a book of essays by young conservati…SHAME STORM: In October 2010, I appeared on a panel to promote a book of essays by young conservatives, Proud to Be Right: Voices of the Next Conservative Generation. The moderator was Jonah Goldberg. One of the other panelists was my ex-boyfriend Todd Seavey. During the Q&A, Todd launched into a rant about my personal failings. He accused me of opposing Obamacare on the grounds that it would diminish human suffering, which allegedly I preferred to increase; of wanting to repeal laws against fistfights for the same reason; of being a sadistic and scheming heartbreaker in my personal life; and of generally living according to a “disturbing” and “brutal” set of values. For three minutes and forty-five seconds, which, unfortunately for me, were captured on film for broadcast two weeks later on C-SPAN2, he made an impassioned case that I was a sociopath. * * * * * * * * I braced myself for the broadcast. Maybe no one would notice? Within minutes, the offending clip had been posted on YouTube, where it got half a million hits in the first forty-eight hours. It made the evening news on Washington’s Fox affiliate. Greg Gutfeld did a segment about it on RedEye. It was written up in Gawker, the Washington Post, Talking Points Memo, and a hundred lesser sites, and then written up again when Todd expanded his remarks about me into a series of blog posts on his personal website. Read the whole thing. ... read more3 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, STANLEY 94-248 65 Piece Homeowner’s DIY Tool Kit.
Plus, BISSELL Pet Stain Eraser Del…3 hours ago
- BOTTOM STORY OF THE DAY: Slate journalists vote to go on strike.
As prolific tweeter “Neontaste…3 hours ago
- BREAKING: Fatal Shooting Near Christmas Market in Strasbourg, Suspect on the Run….3 hours ago
- TRACTION CONTROL: We Put Snow Tires on a Corvette and a Porsche to See How They Handle Snowy Roads….TRACTION CONTROL: We Put Snow Tires on a Corvette and a Porsche to See How They Handle Snowy Roads. ... read more3 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox 17101 Fun Robot Building Set and Educational Coding Kit for …3 hours ago
- A MINOR FISKING: Little Caracas on the Prairie….4 hours ago
- CHUTZPAH: Tennessee Dem Asks Google CEO to Probe ‘Overuse of Conservative News Organizations’ in Sea…4 hours ago
- EPA ADMINISTRATOR ANDREW WHEELER TALKS WITH HUGH HEWITT ABOUT THE EPA’S NEW “WATERS OF THE UNITE…EPA ADMINISTRATOR ANDREW WHEELER TALKS WITH HUGH HEWITT ABOUT THE EPA’S NEW “WATERS OF THE UNITED STATES” RULE: “I hope I don’t end up putting you out of business on the consulting side, because my goal for this is so that any property owner can stand on his or her property and be able to tell for themselves whether or not they have a federal waterway on their property without having to hire a lawyer or an outside consultant.” Faster, please. ... read more4 hours ago
- NEWS I HOPE YOU CAN’T USE: The 21 biggest data breaches of 2018….5 hours ago
- IS THERE ANYTHING IT CAN’T DO? Coffee could fight Parkinson’s disease, study says….IS THERE ANYTHING IT CAN’T DO? Coffee could fight Parkinson’s disease, study says. ... read more5 hours ago
- SUSTAINABILITY: Budget deficit soars in first two months of fiscal year.
The country’s budget def…SUSTAINABILITY: Budget deficit soars in first two months of fiscal year. The country’s budget deficit in the first two months of fiscal 2019, which began Oct. 1, was 50 percent higher than in the same period the previous year, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), though the figure was inflated by timing. In October and November, the federal government spent $303 billion more than it took in, compared to $202 billion in the same period of fiscal 2018, according to the CBO. Tax revenues were just 3 percentage points higher than the previous year, largely because of the GOP tax law, while spending surged 18 percent. Revenues, in other words, still grew faster than inflation — but spending grew six times fast than even that. We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem. ... read more5 hours ago
- ANNALS OF LEFTIST AUTOPHAGY. Oscars producers: Maybe we shouldn’t use a host at all.
Variety quot…ANNALS OF LEFTIST AUTOPHAGY. Oscars producers: Maybe we shouldn’t use a host at all. Variety quotes a “top talent rep” that says that his clients are unhappy that [Kevin] Hart didn’t choose to “stay the course and serve as an example.” If that was the plan, maybe they should have made it more clear to Hart in his contract negotiations. “Say, Kevin,” they might have said, “we plan to hang you out to dry if activists go through years-old material to find something offensive, declaring you to be inappropriate unless you willingly go along with the public beating. How’s that sound?” Clearly, Hart didn’t like the sound of it when the Academy did hang him out to dry, but at least he would have been prepared for it. Unfortunately, every comic worth hiring for the gig understands exactly how the Academy supports its partners in their big broadcast — or more accurately doesn’t. That may be why the Oscars will go without a host for the first time in 30 years, opting instead for a Rube Goldberg-ish rotating set of players. That latter option may be difficult for the Academy to assemble: 18 Top Comedians Who Can Never Host The Oscars Now. ... read more5 hours ago
- 9 IN 10 AMERICAN COLLEGES RESTRICT FREE SPEECH: FIRE’s annual report on campus speech codes, out tod…9 IN 10 AMERICAN COLLEGES RESTRICT FREE SPEECH: FIRE’s annual report on campus speech codes, out today, found that most schools still maintain policies stripping students of at least some free speech rights — though the number of schools with the most severe restrictions continues to drop. Of course, schools don’t always follow their own policies, but FIRE has received far fewer reports of censorship from “green light” schools with no unconstitutional speech codes. How does your school fare? ... read more5 hours ago
- WELL, THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY, YOU KNOW: Electrical Pulses Stem Blood Loss From a Hemorrhaging Art…WELL, THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY, YOU KNOW: Electrical Pulses Stem Blood Loss From a Hemorrhaging Artery. ... read more5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago
- STRIKE A POSE, THERE’S NOTHING TO IT: Washington Post Columnist Jennifer Rubin Runs Away When Aske…STRIKE A POSE, THERE’S NOTHING TO IT: Washington Post Columnist Jennifer Rubin Runs Away When Asked How She’s ‘Conservative.’ Words are supposed to mean things. “Conservatism” refers to a specific set of ideas and principles — ones that Rubin has not espoused or championed in quite some time. It’s intellectually dishonest for her and the Washington Post to continue to call her conservative while she does and says the opposite. Of course — but that’s business as usual for both the Post, and the DNC-MSM as a whole. ... read more5 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, deals on Jump Starters, Battery Chargers, Power Inverters, etc….6 hours ago
- NICHOLAS BALLASY: Rolling Stones’ Chuck Leavell Says Longer Summers in South Prove Climate Change Is…NICHOLAS BALLASY: Rolling Stones’ Chuck Leavell Says Longer Summers in South Prove Climate Change Is ‘Undeniable.’ Science! ... read more6 hours ago
- THAT’S BECAUSE THE AMOUNT OF PAPER-PUSHING, AND MANDATORY DIVERSITY TRAINING, HAS GONE WAY UP, WHILE…THAT’S BECAUSE THE AMOUNT OF PAPER-PUSHING, AND MANDATORY DIVERSITY TRAINING, HAS GONE WAY UP, WHILE TIME TO ACTUALLY DO SCIENCE HAS GONE DOWN: ‘Dropout’ rate for academic scientists has risen sharply in past 50 years, study finds. ... read more6 hours ago
- RICH LOWRY: May’s Brexit is becoming increasingly haphazard and provisional.
May has just pulled …RICH LOWRY: May’s Brexit is becoming increasingly haphazard and provisional. May has just pulled her Brexit deal from a parliamentary vote that she was going to lose in an embarrassing drubbing that might have loosed her increasingly precarious grip on power. She has negotiated abysmally, giving away leverage right at the start when she prematurely invoked Article 50, beginning the process of Britain’s departure with no realistic fallback plan if talks with the EU failed. She ended up with an agreement that would effectively leave Britain within most EU rules, with no means of influencing them anymore. The London Spectator calls the deal “Remain-minus.” There’s a reason that resignations of her Brexit negotiators have become a semiregular event. Now, humiliated and her credibility in shreds, May says that she is going to go back to the EU to get more reassurances, when the EU has said that it is not conceding anything else of consequence. And why should it? There’s no guarantee that May can get any tweaked deal through Parliament, regardless. And she’s already tried to sell so many meaningless gestures from the EU as concessions that Brexit supporters won’t be inclined to take her seriously, either. The larger question is whether once the EU has its hooks in a nation-state, will it ever relinquish it? Not willingly, no. ... read more6 hours ago
- HARSH BUT FAIR:
Find someone who loves you like journalists love themselves:
…6 hours ago
- FRANCE: ‘All smoke and mirrors’: Yellow Vest protesters reject ‘crumbs’ offered by Macron….6 hours ago
- LIFE AMONG THE RADICALS:
Radical communities select for particular personality types… They attrac…LIFE AMONG THE RADICALS: Radical communities select for particular personality types… They attract hurt people, looking for an explanation for the pain they’ve endured… However, radical communities also attract people looking for an excuse to be violent illegalists. And the surplus of vulnerable people attracts sadists and abusers ready to exploit them. The only gate-keeping that goes on in radical communities is that of language and passion—if you can rail against capitalism in woke language, you’re in… Abusers thrive in radical communities because radical norms are fragile and exploitable. A culture of freewheeling drug and alcohol use creates situations predators are waiting to exploit. A cultural fetishization of violence provides cover for violent and unstable people. The practice of public “call-outs” is used for power-plays far more often than for constructive feedback… Having somebody yell at me that if I didn’t admit to being a white supremacist her friends might beat me up, and that I should pay her for her emotional labour, was too much for my ideology to spin. As Norman Podhoretz once wrote about his time as a nascent anti-Vietnam War radical, “Do you realize that every young person in this room is a tragedy to some family or other?” ... read more6 hours ago
- OOPS: Mapping Service Blurs Out Military Bases, But Accidentally Locates Secret Ones….6 hours ago
- THE DARK NIGHT OF FASCISM IS ALWAYS DESCENDING IN THE UNITED STATES AND YET LANDS ONLY IN EUROPE: An…THE DARK NIGHT OF FASCISM IS ALWAYS DESCENDING IN THE UNITED STATES AND YET LANDS ONLY IN EUROPE: Anti-Semitism in EU worse over past 5 years. “Almost a third of European Jews avoid attending events or visiting Jewish sites because they do not feel safe.” Europe has imported an awful lot of anti-Semites in recent years, and yet the words “Muslim” and “migrant” or “immigrant” are missing from Florian Eder’s Politico report. ... read more6 hours ago
- IS THE WOMEN’S MARCH MELTING DOWN?
According to several sources, it was there—in the first hour…IS THE WOMEN’S MARCH MELTING DOWN? According to several sources, it was there—in the first hours of the first meeting for what would become the Women’s March—that something happened that was so shameful to many of those who witnessed it, they chose to bury it like a family secret. Almost two years would pass before anyone present would speak about it. It was there that, as the women were opening up about their backgrounds and personal investments in creating a resistance movement to Trump, Perez and Mallory allegedly first asserted that Jewish people bore a special collective responsibility as exploiters of black and brown people—and even, according to a close secondhand source, claimed that Jews were proven to have been leaders of the American slave trade. These are canards popularized by The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews, a book published by Louis Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam—“the bible of the new anti-Semitism,” according to Henry Louis Gates Jr., who noted in 1992: “Among significant sectors of the black community, this brief has become a credo of a new philosophy of black self-affirmation.” The socialism of fools, to coin a phrase. ... read more6 hours ago
- FINANCIAL TIMES: Protests Show Leading France Is an Impossible Job.
As Glenn has noted before, bi…FINANCIAL TIMES: Protests Show Leading France Is an Impossible Job. As Glenn has noted before, big government types only complain that this or that country has become “ungovernable” when the people resist big government schemes the people never wanted. ... read more7 hours ago
- VIRTUE SIGNALING IS A POWERFUL DRUG: 48 Yale Students Arrested During Protest
In the annals of p…VIRTUE SIGNALING IS A POWERFUL DRUG: 48 Yale Students Arrested During Protest In the annals of pointless protests, this may be the most pointless: Forty-eight students at Yale University were arrested Friday during a protest in the investment office calling on the university to divest from Puerto Rican debt and fossil fuel companies. According to a press release from Fossil Free Yale, the student group organizing the protest, the sit-in began at noon Friday and continued until 5 p.m., when police began making arrests. More than 350 students rallied outside the office, cheering on the students being escorted by the police. Let’s imagine the students “won,” and the university divested on Day X from Puerto Rican debt and fossil fuels. You know what would have changed in the world on Day X plus whatever? Exactly nothing. Of course, if the students really, truly wanted to help Puerto Ricans, I’m sure there are plenty of charities that would love to accept the difference between their $73K a year cost of Yale attendance and the cost of attending State U., if students were inclined to make a real sacrifice rather than engaging in political theater. ... read more7 hours ago
- EDUCATION SECRETARY BETSY DeVOS’S PANEL ON SCHOOL SAFETY WILL RECOMMEND THE WITHDRAWAL THE OBAMA-E…EDUCATION SECRETARY BETSY DeVOS’S PANEL ON SCHOOL SAFETY WILL RECOMMEND THE WITHDRAWAL THE OBAMA-ERA SCHOOL DISCIPLINE GUIDANCE: At least that’s what the Washington Post is reporting. If so, this is excellent, excellent, excellent news (for reasons that go well beyond school safety). ... read more7 hours ago
- MACRON WASN’T FRANCE’S “LAST HOPE FOR REFORM.” He was actually a last effort at preserving business…7 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, 12 Days of Deals, Day 10….7 hours ago
- ON THIS DAY IN 1725 (Old Style Nov. 30), GEORGE MASON WAS BORN: He is often called the father of …ON THIS DAY IN 1725 (Old Style Nov. 30), GEORGE MASON WAS BORN: He is often called the father of the Bill of Rights for two reasons: He was the principal author of the Virginia Declaration of Rights, upon which Madison later based the Bill of Rights. And, as a delegate to the Constitutional Convention, he was prominent among those who refused to sign the draft document because it did not yet contain such a bill. As a result of pressure from Mason and others, a Bill of Rights had to be promised in order the secure ratification. ... read more7 hours ago
- YES, IT WAS CLEAR BEFORE, BUT HE’S REMOVED ALL DOUBT: James Comey Is Proving that He’s a Partisan…7 hours ago
- I STILL CARE, BUT I’VE BASICALLY GIVEN UP ON GETTING ANYONE ELSE TO: Ballooning debt harms our yout…I STILL CARE, BUT I’VE BASICALLY GIVEN UP ON GETTING ANYONE ELSE TO: Ballooning debt harms our youth, but Trump doesn’t care — and neither does anyone else. This piece reminds me of the late Insta-Dad’s prophetic take on the TARP bailout: “The bad thing is that the federal government has figured out that it can borrow a lot more money than it previously thought.” ... read more7 hours ago
- CRYBULLIES: Students Demand Comedian Sign ‘Safe Space’ Contract Ahead of Charity Event….7 hours ago
- IN THE MAIL: From Joanna Gaines, Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave. …IN THE MAIL: From Joanna Gaines, Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave. ... read more8 hours ago
- ROGER SIMON: Is Hollywood Dead?8 hours ago
- YOU’RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BLOG: 4 Reasons Deplatforming Controversial Figures Is a Terrible Idea. …YOU’RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BLOG: 4 Reasons Deplatforming Controversial Figures Is a Terrible Idea. ... read more8 hours ago
- GLENN BECK PAYS OFF $27,000 WORTH OF LAYAWAY BALANCES AT TEXAS WALMART: “‘We were really inspi…GLENN BECK PAYS OFF $27,000 WORTH OF LAYAWAY BALANCES AT TEXAS WALMART: “‘We were really inspired by [actor] Tyler Perry and what he did at the Walmart in Atlanta,’ Beck said in the video, ‘so we’re going to buy everything in layaway as well for everybody who has put anything in layaway”…In the video, Beck challenged Bill O’Reilly, Steven Crowder, Ben Shapiro, Mark Levin, and others to follow Perry’s lead.” ... read more8 hours ago
- MORE LIKE CUBA EVERY DAY: Russia sends 2 nuclear-capable bombers to Venezuela….MORE LIKE CUBA EVERY DAY: Russia sends 2 nuclear-capable bombers to Venezuela. ... read more9 hours ago