- AT AMAZON, Dash Rapid Egg Cooker, Black….47 mins ago
- CAMILLE PAGLIA: The Dumbing Down of America Began in Public Schools. “I’ve been teaching now for…CAMILLE PAGLIA: The Dumbing Down of America Began in Public Schools. “I’ve been teaching now for 46 years as a classroom teacher, and I have felt the slow devolution of the quality of public school education in the classroom.” ... read more59 mins ago
- WELL, YES: The Disconnect Between Liberal Aspirations And Liberal Housing Policy Is Killing Coastal…WELL, YES: The Disconnect Between Liberal Aspirations And Liberal Housing Policy Is Killing Coastal U.S. Cities. “By doing essentially nothing but letting things happen, conservative America is kicking our ass at providing opportunities for low income and working classes to build wealth and get ahead. Cities like Dallas, Phoenix, and Atlanta have managed to stay affordable by simply allowing housing to continue to be built as their populations grow, and the result is that people keep moving there.” ... read more1 hour ago
- AT AMAZON, Shop Amazon Warehouse Deals – Deep Discounts on Open-box and Used Tools & Home Improv…2 hours ago
- THE 21ST CENTURY IS NOT TURNING OUT AS I’D HOPED: Dangerous, Filthy Homeless Encampments Force Closu…THE 21ST CENTURY IS NOT TURNING OUT AS I’D HOPED: Dangerous, Filthy Homeless Encampments Force Closure of Hawaii Public Park Indefinitely. ... read more2 hours ago
- NEWS YOU CAN USE: 25 Not Salon-Approved Conservatives Worth Following on Twitter….NEWS YOU CAN USE: 25 Not Salon-Approved Conservatives Worth Following on Twitter. ... read more2 hours ago
- SMARTPHONES: “Weapons of Mass Manipulation?”…3 hours ago
- WHY IS SILICON VALLEY RUINING AMERICA FOR PROFIT? How Silicon Valley Divided Society and Made Every…WHY IS SILICON VALLEY RUINING AMERICA FOR PROFIT? How Silicon Valley Divided Society and Made Everyone Raging Mad. Oh, right, I guess it’s the for-profit part. ... read more3 hours ago
- COMING SOON FROM ROGER KIMBALL AND ENCOUNTER: Vox Populi: The Perils and Promises of Populism….3 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Amazon Devices – 35% Off Select Pre-owned Fire Tablets….AT AMAZON, Amazon Devices – 35% Off Select Pre-owned Fire Tablets. ... read more3 hours ago
- THE SCIENCE IS NOT SETTLED: Body Odor and Sexual Attraction: How A Woman’s Scent Attracts Men. But…THE SCIENCE IS NOT SETTLED: Body Odor and Sexual Attraction: How A Woman’s Scent Attracts Men. But there’s this: “Until then, here is what we do know about what men want. ‘Men are clearly attracted by cues of youth, health, body shapes associated with health, etc.,’ says Roney, ‘all of which supports attraction based on mating potential.'” Glad they’ve figured that out. ... read more4 hours ago
- BEING ASPLENIC, I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS: New pneumonia vaccine protects against dozens of addit…BEING ASPLENIC, I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS: New pneumonia vaccine protects against dozens of additional forms. ... read more4 hours ago
- HOLLYWOOD: FLOP-A-RAMA….4 hours ago
- IT’S COME TO THIS: Jimmy Carter: The media has been harder on Trump than predecessors.
Plus, he …IT’S COME TO THIS: Jimmy Carter: The media has been harder on Trump than predecessors. Plus, he and Lillian voted for Bernie. ... read more4 hours ago
- SALENA ZITO ON VIRGINIA: The Race Is Close. It Shouldn’t Be. Democrats Should Be Terrified….SALENA ZITO ON VIRGINIA: The Race Is Close. It Shouldn’t Be. Democrats Should Be Terrified. ... read more5 hours ago
- IN THE MAIL: Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business.
Plus, fresh Gold Box and Lightning Deals. G…6 hours ago
- ANDREW KLAVAN: Trump’s a Big Mouth; Journalists are Villains….6 hours ago
- SALENA ZITO: John James could be the future Republicans have been waiting for.
There’s a little …SALENA ZITO: John James could be the future Republicans have been waiting for. There’s a little irony there, his father and mother are both Democrats. In fact, his father donated to the very sitting U.S. Senator he would like to face next fall in a general election. James smiles, “I have been a conservative and Republican all of my life. My parents I suspect will support me,” he says laughing. James has been very successful in his post-military life, he became the president of the family company in 2014. “It’s an automotive logistics company that specializes in warehousing distribution manufacturing and assembly and supply chain information systems. When I started the company it was making 35 million. It was good, it was very good. Strong customer base. I bring a passion for service, and I am pretty much an energetic leader. With a clarity of vision, we were able to grow from 35 million to 137 million in less than five years and added a hundred jobs here in Michigan,” he said. James says what people need at this time is pulling together instead of apart. That, he says, requires people to work together and get results so that the state and the country can succeed even in the toughest of environments. “I believe that I was needed, where I could do the most good. I want to continue my service to my country, continue my service to my community,” he said. The last Republican elected to the U.S. Senate from Michigan was Spencer Abraham in 1994 – he lost his reelection bid in 2000 to current Democratic U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow who is up for reelection next year. Michigan stunned the political class last year when it’s electoral votes favored Donald J. Trump over Hillary Clinton. While strategists calculate name ID and Stabenow’s favorable ratings, and while the media focuses on whether musician Kid Rock — teasing a run for months — is actually going to jump in, James is about the business of winning. He has already raised an impressive $300,000 in just under a month. Read the whole thing. ... read more6 hours ago
- TRUE: Gorsuch: Civility doesn’t mean suppressing disagreement.
…7 hours ago
- IN ITALY, two regions, Lombardy and Veneto, vote on greater autonomy….7 hours ago
- FIRST AUSTRIA, NOW THIS: Czech Election Won by Anti-Establishment Party Led by Billionaire….FIRST AUSTRIA, NOW THIS: Czech Election Won by Anti-Establishment Party Led by Billionaire. ... read more7 hours ago
- HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: San Jose State University lecturer threatens to ‘beat the s**t ou…HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: San Jose State University lecturer threatens to ‘beat the s**t out of’ pro-life protesters. Not sure this actually qualifies as a “threat,” but it’s the kind of thing that suggests all the talk about “diversity and inclusion” is pretty bogus. ... read more7 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Hot New Releases, updated hourly.
Plus, Kindle Daily Deals.
And, Today’s Digital De…8 hours ago
- WAPO: Trump Has Already Largely Won His War Against The Media. “Consider the language used in this…WAPO: Trump Has Already Largely Won His War Against The Media. “Consider the language used in this question. Marist didn’t ask people whom they trusted more between the media at large and Trump; it was a choice between the media outlet you like the best and the president. Presumably, the media outlet you like the best is the one you consider most reliable and informative, but even pitting a Trump supporter’s top pick of all of the media outlets against the president, the president wins. . . . This poll was released on the heels of another survey that adds still more context to the question of media trust. A Politico-Morning Consult survey conducted online found that nearly half of Americans, a plurality, thinks that the media makes up stories about the president out of whole cloth.” Well, if you guys weren’t so obviously, rabidly eager to bring Trump down, maybe people would trust you more. ... read more8 hours ago
- ROBERT EHRLICH: Chaotic White House aside, Trump is achieving Reaganesque policy wins.
The narra…ROBERT EHRLICH: Chaotic White House aside, Trump is achieving Reaganesque policy wins. The narrative includes criticisms that have grown familiar during Trump’s first year in office. Here, the president is viewed as a shoot-from-the-hip neophyte too undisciplined to govern and quite dangerous in a world populated by despots who wield nuclear weapons. Sen. Bob Corker’s recent broadsides qualify here. The retiring Republican Senator from Tennessee sees an overmatched executive lacking in “competence” and “stability,” albeit surrounded by a competent senior group daily engaged in the task of keeping the leader of the free world from careening off the rails. (Whatever did happen to keeping family disputes within the family?) Make no mistake, this is how today’s Washington views the president and his administration. Note that this particular indictment is distinguished from the “all hands on deck” Trump haters who continue to be transfixed by a Trump/Russian collusion conspiracy story that lacks credible supporting evidence after two years of exhaustive investigation and desperate mainstream media attention. In striking contrast are a series of Trump administration policy initiatives that not only define Trump as the anti-Obama, but also as more Reaganesque than a “Never Trumper” could ever have imagined. How else to describe a president willing to buck the status quo, and a powerful establishment press, in pulling the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Accords and now refusing to recertify a notoriously deficient nuclear deal with the mullahs in Tehran. As expected, these decisions have propelled the left (and numerous feckless allies) into yet additional anti-Trump tirades. But this president seems more intent on serving America’s long-term interests than attempting to curry favor with a hostile media or spiking his approval numbers in foreign countries. (That even President Obama never dared submit either agreement to Congress in the form of a treaty provides insight into how viable he viewed the respective agreements, but I digress…) Trump’s aggressive contrariness is not confined to foreign policy initiatives. Witness his insistence on a return to the rule of law with respect to both DACA (undocumented children brought to the U.S. at a young age) and Obamacare. Here, the layman executive manifests a better understanding of executive restraint than his Constitutional law professor successor. How refreshing, and old school, to find an administration intending to operate within established Constitutional constraints. How stunning to see a president disinclined to unilateral executive action even when the stakes are extraordinarily high. How revealing that most of the political class is appalled. ... read more9 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, Lightning Deal,2Pcs Tactical Flashlight Water Resistant Military Grade Tac Light with 5 …AT AMAZON, Lightning Deal,2Pcs Tactical Flashlight Water Resistant Military Grade Tac Light with 5 Modes & Zoom Function Ultra Bright Torch. ... read more9 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, on sale, LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon 75105 Star Wars Toy.
Plus, Deal of the Day,…AT AMAZON, on sale, LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon 75105 Star Wars Toy. Plus, Deal of the Day, Mpow Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear, Hi-Fi Stereo Wireless Headset. ... read more9 hours ago
- SLATE: This Is Not Trump’s Benghazi: The deaths of U.S. troops in Niger were a tragedy, but ther…SLATE: This Is Not Trump’s Benghazi: The deaths of U.S. troops in Niger were a tragedy, but there’s no need for conspiracy theories. Weirdly, most of the people who are calling it Trump’s Benghazi are the same people who were telling us that Benghazi was a right-wing political fiction. ... read more9 hours ago
- MEGYN KELLY’S SLIDING CAREER: “What a dismal slide for Kelly! Remember how high she was riding when…MEGYN KELLY’S SLIDING CAREER: “What a dismal slide for Kelly! Remember how high she was riding when she moderated that GOP debate? That was more than 2 years ago. She made a big leap that night, confronting Trump, and there was so much liberal hope for her when Trump went menstrual on her. But Trump went on to win, and what use is she now? No use to celebrities, and now she can’t get celebrities on her show, and what’s a daytime talk show without celebrities?” As was commented here a few days back: She was brilliant on FNC. She was like a cross-examining prosecutor with a witness in the box. Nothing got past her and she ran to ground every specious talking point the liberal flacks who went on her show tried to spout. Then, she got that haircut and everything changed. Yeah, that haircut did seem to mark a transition. I wonder what prompted it? ... read more10 hours ago
- JOHN MCWHORTER: Educated liberals overuse the term ‘racist.’
No one can fail to be amazed by the…JOHN MCWHORTER: Educated liberals overuse the term ‘racist.’ No one can fail to be amazed by the courage of the people who protested segregation and bigotry in the 1950s and 1960s. Those who endured physical injury justifiably stick in our minds the most. Today’s educated liberals lack the courage they admire in their forebears, at a time when it is needed more than ever. Namely, too many liberals in power lack the guts to sanction those dedicated to shouting down speakers from the right. Instead, they let pass a state of dialogue as choked as the one that Berkeley’s Free Speech movement resisted. To hurl the N-word at someone is an attempt to shut down discussion. Today, the word “racist” serves the same function. Or, today’s fashionable new version is the now grievously overused “white supremacist.” Such that, for example, liberal man of letters and Columbia professor Mark Lilla is accused of making white supremacy “respectable” — for suggesting that Democrats emphasize identity politics less with the goal of winning the White House from Donald Trump. . . . It has become clear over the past few years that the shouting students and their civilian accomplices (the latter of whom have sometimes outnumbered the former, as at Middlebury when Charles Murray was accosted) are a charismatic minority who do not represent general opinion, even among enlightened people on the left. The verdict is in: even those of us deeply committed to battling discrimination and inequality find this shutting down of speakers barbaric: unintellectual, uncivil, crude, counterproductive. Crucially, however, these objections make not a dent in these happy warriors’ actions. Nope. Only consequences will do that. ... read more10 hours ago
- THOMAS FRANK: What Harvey Weinstein tells us about the liberal world: Harvey Weinstein seemed to f…THOMAS FRANK: What Harvey Weinstein tells us about the liberal world: Harvey Weinstein seemed to fit right in. This is a form of liberalism that routinely blends self-righteousness with upper-class entitlement. What explains Weinstein’s identification with progressive causes? Perhaps it was all about cozying up to power, the thrill of being a friend of Bill Clinton. Perhaps it was all about moral absolution, in the same way that lists of corporations-that-care always turn out to be led by outfits like Walmart, Goldman Sachs and Exxon-Mobil. In the world of the wealthy, liberalism is something you do to offset your rapacious behavior in other spheres. It’s no coincidence that, in Weinstein’s desperate first response to the accusations against him, he thought to promise war against the National Rifle Association and to support scholarships for women. But it’s also something deeper than that. Most people on the left think of themselves as resisters of authority, but for certain of their leaders, modern-day liberalism is a way of rationalizing and exercising class power. Specifically, the power of what some like to call the “creative class”, by which they mean well-heeled executives in industries like Wall Street, Silicon Valley and Hollywood. Worshiping these very special people is the doctrine that has allowed Democrats to pull even with Republicans in fundraising and that has buoyed the party’s fortunes in every wealthy suburb in America. That this strain of liberalism also attracts hypocrites like Harvey Weinstein, with his superlative fundraising powers and his reverence for “great artists”, should probably not surprise us. Remember, too, that Weinstein is the man who once wrote an essay demanding leniency for Roman Polanski, partially on the grounds that he too was a “great artist”. Narcissism coupled with entitlement. ... read more10 hours ago
- APPARENTLY FOOTLOOSE DOES NOT PRESENT AN ACCURATE DEPICTION OF FLYOVER AMERICA: Former NPR CEO ope…12 hours ago
- NEWS YOU CAN USE: Senior-citizens should watch out for scammers….12 hours ago
- YOUNG PEOPLE DOING SOMETHING STUPID AND ROMANTIC? There’s my shocked face again. Meet the preten…YOUNG PEOPLE DOING SOMETHING STUPID AND ROMANTIC? There’s my shocked face again. Meet the pretentious millennials who romanticize living in vans. The world will surely go to h*ll in their hands, as it’s been going to h*ll in the hands of the young since the third millennium. BC! ... read more13 hours ago
- ONLY HAVE IT TO GO RED FASCISM INSTEAD OF BLACK ONE, DECADES LATER: How Hitler’s plan to take ov…ONLY HAVE IT TO GO RED FASCISM INSTEAD OF BLACK ONE, DECADES LATER: How Hitler’s plan to take over LA was thwarted by a Jewish lawyer. ... read more13 hours ago
- NOT SURPRISINGLY COMING FROM THE EAST: The European Revolt Continues….14 hours ago
- YEAH, I REMEMBER WHEN HE SENT HIS AIDS TO MORNING SHOWS TO SAY IT WAS ALL ABOUT A MOVIE AND THE WHOL…YEAH, I REMEMBER WHEN HE SENT HIS AIDS TO MORNING SHOWS TO SAY IT WAS ALL ABOUT A MOVIE AND THE WHOLE MEDIA COVERED FOR HIM: Dems hope to spin Niger ambush as Trump’s Benghazi. Also, Trump told potential rescuers to stand down, right? Oh, wait, my bad. All that was Obama. Sorry Democrats. No Sale! ... read more14 hours ago
- MADDOW IS STILL OUTSIDE A PADDED CELL? Now, I truly am surprised. I mean, I saw her on election …MADDOW IS STILL OUTSIDE A PADDED CELL? Now, I truly am surprised. I mean, I saw her on election night and all. Conspiracy Theorist Rachel Maddow Puts Out a Conspiracy Theory So Insane Even the Huffington Post Is Calling Her Out. ... read more15 hours ago
- WAIT, WAIT, THE DEMOCRATS MIGHT FIELD ANOTHER MARXIST FOR THE PRESIDENCY? Who could have seen this…WAIT, WAIT, THE DEMOCRATS MIGHT FIELD ANOTHER MARXIST FOR THE PRESIDENCY? Who could have seen this coming? I’m shocked, shocked…. Nah, same old dog, no new tricks. Kamala Harris Doubles Campaign Cash to Media Firm That Boosted Bernie’s Profile. ... read more15 hours ago
- DUMBER THAN SHEILA JACKSON? THE MIND BOGGLES: Frederica Wilson: “Empty barrel is racissssst”….15 hours ago
- WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH HOLLYWOOD? “What Harvey Weinstein tells us about the liberal world,” accordin…WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH HOLLYWOOD? “What Harvey Weinstein tells us about the liberal world,” according to Thomas Frank, the lefty author of the 2004 book What’s the Matter with Kansas? Harvey Weinstein seemed to fit right in. This is a form of liberalism that routinely blends self-righteousness with upper-class entitlement. That makes its great pronouncements from Martha’s Vineyard and the Hamptons. That routinely understands the relationship between the common people and showbiz celebrities to be one of trust and intimacy. Countless people who should have known better are proclaiming their surprise at Harvey Weinstein’s alleged abuses. But in truth, their blindness is even more sweeping than that. They are lost these days in a hall of moral mirrors, weeping tears of admiration for their own virtue and good taste. “Unexpectedly,” Bill Clinton only receives a passing mention in the article, but read the whole thing anyhow. ... read more17 hours ago
- MEANWHILE, BACK IN KOREA: The military shows of force continue — and the information war also conti…MEANWHILE, BACK IN KOREA: The military shows of force continue — and the information war also continues. USAF B-1Bs appear on radar screens throughout East Asia and in very cool photos with Japanese fighters and South Korean strike aircraft. There are lots of photos of U.S. and South Korean rocket artillery units that can suppress North Korean anti-aircraft systems, artillery pieces and missile sites (the ATACMs has the range to do it — scroll down to read the info). Missile subs show up in Busan — and show up so the NorKs can see them. Suddenly the press runs articles on South Korea’s “Frankenmissile.” Man, that oughtta scare North Korean Stalinist Commies ’cause it echoes the GMO “frankenfoods” that scare American and European Stalinist lefties. What’s a show of force? This’ll explain the operation. ... read more17 hours ago
- IN KNOXVILLE, a train derailment….18 hours ago
- ELIMINATIONIST RHETORIC, AIRBRUSHED: YouTube deletes Maxine Waters promise to ‘go and take out Tr…ELIMINATIONIST RHETORIC, AIRBRUSHED: YouTube deletes Maxine Waters promise to ‘go and take out Trump.’ ... read more18 hours ago
- FISH BEGS HELP FROM BICYCLES: Feminist who called for all-male curfew begs same men for money (car …FISH BEGS HELP FROM BICYCLES: Feminist who called for all-male curfew begs same men for money (car got towed!) ... read more18 hours ago
- DON SURBER IS DISPLEASED WITH RICH LOWRY….19 hours ago
- NEWS YOU CAN USE: Disaster Preparedness for EMP Attacks and Solar Storms (Expanded Edition)….NEWS YOU CAN USE: Disaster Preparedness for EMP Attacks and Solar Storms (Expanded Edition). ... read more20 hours ago
- MORE ON HOW bicycling can kill your sex life. “Don’t worry, horseback riders or motorcycle riders: …20 hours ago
- WONDER DRUG: Aspirin may reduce risk for liver cancer in hepatitis B patients, study says….21 hours ago
- AT AMAZON, save in Arts Crafts and Sewing.
Also, fall deals in Home and Garden.
Plus, shop Wom…22 hours ago